Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have been invited to attend a visit day tomorrow for The University of Manchester. The day is meant to include a tour, with hands-on practicals etc. But there has been mention of an interview with academic staff. I have been to a similar open day at Southampton, which had also included an interview, however they seemed to boast of a more informal attitude to the interview. What I am wondering, is whether anyone else has been to Manchester already for a visit day with an interview as I am unsure of how formal this will be, and additionally how much pressure they put on applicants in general. More specifically, I am applying to the EEE course for MEng.

I was speaking to other applicants for the same course who had been for an interview, but said that this lasted for an hour or so, but they didn't mention the day being a visit day, and perhaps more of just an interview.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jsk800)
    Hey,

I have been invited to attend a visit day tomorrow for The University of Manchester. The day is meant to include a tour, with hands-on practicals etc. But there has been mention of an interview with academic staff. I have been to a similar open day at Southampton, which had also included an interview, however they seemed to boast of a more informal attitude to the interview. What I am wondering, is whether anyone else has been to Manchester already for a visit day with an interview as I am unsure of how formal this will be, and additionally how much pressure they put on applicants in general. More specifically, I am applying to the EEE course for MEng.

I was speaking to other applicants for the same course who had been for an interview, but said that this lasted for an hour or so, but they didn't mention the day being a visit day, and perhaps more of just an interview.
    Always prepare for more formal as that is better than the informal. And yes interviews may be stressful as they are about showcasing yourself and showing that you are capable of uni level work.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.