Turn on thread page Beta

Barts imperial and Newcastle medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do these Unis as long as you meet minimum academic requirements look more at a high UKCAT BMAT , personal statements etc
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Alexandraxx1)
    Do these Unis as long as you meet minimum academic requirements look more at a high UKCAT BMAT , personal statements etc
    Hi,

I've already moved your last thread to the medicine forum so please make sure you are posting in the right forum. As I've already told you medical schools look at the application as a whole so no single part of your application is going to decide whether you get in or not. Different parts of the application may be weighed differently but context is key.

Someone in your previous thread pointed you towards the TSR comparison of different medical schools so as I said before do your research and apply where your profile fits best. Making threads again and again about where to apply is not going to change that believe it or not. I work for a medical school and have done for a while. I have also been advising applicants for a while. You are not the first or last medical applicant we have advised and arguing is not going to change the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Hi,

I've already moved your last thread to the medicine forum so please make sure you are posting in the right forum. As I've already told you medical schools look at the application as a whole so no single part of your application is going to decide whether you get in or not. Different parts of the application may be weighed differently but context is key.

Someone in your previous thread pointed you towards the TSR comparison of different medical schools so as I said before do your research and apply where your profile fits best. Making threads again and again about where to apply is not going to change that believe it or not. I work for a medical school and have done for a while. I have also been advising applicants for a while. You are not the first or last medical applicant we have advised and arguing is not going to change the situation.
    Well thankyou for your advice , can you offer any more key tips when applying
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Well thankyou for your advice , can you offer any more key tips when applying
    Not really. There is literally loads of guidance available across TSR and the internet so as I've told you before you need to do your research and put in the best possible application. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Not really. There is literally loads of guidance available across TSR and the internet so as I've told you before you need to do your research and put in the best possible application. Good luck!
    Okay thankyou !! What med school do you work at?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Okay thankyou !! What med school do you work at?
    Sorry I am on TSR in a personal and voluntary capacity and not in an official one so while I advise people based on my experience I'm not doing so officially from the medical school.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.