muhsana_786
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i have this essay question but i dont know how to answer it need help or a sample ans please help!

how does William Blake use evocative imagery and a simple poetic structure to extreme conflicting emotions in his poem ' apoison tree'
itsmaryamffs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by muhsana_786)
i have this essay question but i dont know how to answer it need help or a sample ans please help!

how does William Blake use evocative imagery and a simple poetic structure to extreme conflicting emotions in his poem ' apoison tree'
Firstly Muhsana, evokative imagery is the use of vivid or figurative language to represent objectsbig, actions, or ideas. Blake uses the theme of horticulture to express his emotions of wrath. He presents his anger growing and becoming nourished every day through his anger until it becomes a blatant result of his extreme wrath. This is presented as a bright and large apple. There is repeated emphasis on the self and how he has come this way. The persona's effect of speaking in first peson helps him to justify his actions to the audience as he courageously suggests that responsibility for managing anger is personal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.05%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (118)
56.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.62%

Watched Threads