Turn on thread page Beta

Is working full time and training possible? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yep, managed even back when I was commuting an hour each way.

Granted I don’t train every single day but I could if I wanted to... as in I do have the time just prefer to spend it in other ways!

Get up at 6
    In gym for half 6
    Lift for 1 hour
    Leave gym/shower etc
    Work by 8.30
    Go to bed at 10pm for a solid 8 hours sleep.

Just a case of fitting it in, you’re either a morning person or you’re not. I hate training in the evenings due to how busy the gym is but could easily go for a run/swim in the evenings or do a class.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Agree with Woody, AC, Lavender Etc.

More than possible, always easy - No.

I work shifts and have to juggle changing sleep pattern, along with travelling an hour each way.

I just have zero motivation to train before like 8am so...

Train 1700 if I’m working earlies
    Train 1100 if working lates
    Train 1600 ish if doing night shift

All about priorities. People juggle full-time work, gym, kids and further degrees so tbh I have it pretty easy.

I train 4 times a week and get 8+ hours sleep (obv life sometimes gets in the way)

ReputationRep:
    Early morning training suuuucckss. I would literally rather train at midnight lmao and then crash in bed. Totally non-functional in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get up just before 7, go to the gym and be in work before 10. It was great because then it felt like I had more free time because I had some weekday evenings free. And I always felt more awake and positive going into work having already been productive.

But I haven't yet hit the level of grown up that allows me to get up any earlier and not hate the world. So I can't do it in my current job

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.