Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    With hard work, is it possible to achieved a 6 in science and maths? I’m currently under achieving, getting a 5 in both science and maths. How much hours do you think I’d have to put into this to get a 6 in these subjects? Also, is it possible to start writing notes for the whole of GCSE science or is there not enough time? My sixth form interview is tomorrow and i need a 6 in maths and science but so far I’ve got a 5 and they will look at this and possibly reject me from doing the course I desire. idk what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HXA97)
    With hard work, is it possible to achieved a 6 in science and maths? I’m currently under achieving, getting a 5 in both science and maths. How much hours do you think I’d have to put into this to get a 6 in these subjects? Also, is it possible to start writing notes for the whole of GCSE science or is there not enough time? My sixth form interview is tomorrow and i need a 6 in maths and science but so far I’ve got a 5 and they will look at this and possibly reject me from doing the course I desire. idk what to do
    10 weeks is definitely enough time to boost your subjects up a few extra grades. As for note making, I started two weeks before and managed to do the whole syllabus (however I would 100% not recommend that because it was MAJoRLY stressful) - if you put in the time and hard work now it will pay off. The more practise questions you do, the easier it will become, and the final result will definitely be worth it. I managed to snag a 9 in maths and A*s in science and I do quite a bit of tutoring so feel free to message me if you need help/advise/revision materials and I’ll be happy to help! My main advice would be not to stress too much because that’s not healthy, you have to believe in yourself!
    Hope your interview goes well tomorrow!! Let me known how it goes
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoltek)
    10 weeks is definitely enough time to boost your subjects up a few extra grades. As for note making, I started two weeks before and managed to do the whole syllabus (however I would 100% not recommend that because it was MAJoRLY stressful) - if you put in the time and hard work now it will pay off. The more practise questions you do, the easier it will become, and the final result will definitely be worth it. I managed to snag a 9 in maths and A*s in science and I do quite a bit of tutoring so feel free to message me if you need help/advise/revision materials and I’ll be happy to help! My main advice would be not to stress too much because that’s not healthy, you have to believe in yourself!
    Hope your interview goes well tomorrow!! Let me known how it goes
    Thank you so much for the reply, I will definitely let you know how the interview goes. Just feeling really scared right. Hopefully when I come back from the interview tomorrow, I’m gonna try my best to boost my grades up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HXA97)
    Thank you so much for the reply, I will definitely let you know how the interview goes. Just feeling really scared right. Hopefully when I come back from the interview tomorrow, I’m gonna try my best to boost my grades up.
    No problem, I’m sure you’ll be fine, remember the school knows you have ten weeks and if you really tell them that you’re going to work hard then they’ll have no problem in trusting you’ll pull out the grades. Good luck again!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The interview didn’t go too well. Well firstly, it was only a 2 minute interview which was fine haha but they said that I currently can’t do biology and chemistry because I haven’t got a 6 yet, so they can’t give me a conditional offer. They then recommended other stuff like BTEC biomedical science etc, which I rejected and the man said if you want to have a think about it, they can arrange another interview next Thursday for some thinking time. However, he said if you get the grades, you can change your options on enrolment day. I’m still thinking on what 3 options to put on for now. What got me a bit angry, was that they used the mocks we did in November, not the ones we done in February, just because some teachers haven’t finished marking our mocks so they didn’t send those results off. My friend does triple science, and applied for biology. In biology, he got a 3 and they let him do it. I got a 5 5 in combined science and they didn’t let me do it lol. Btw there were different interviewers, so maybe the one he went too was more nice I guess

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.