Turn on thread page Beta

RAF Student Nurse/ Train in Cyprus?/Entry Requirements. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,I am currently at college doing Health and Social Care Level 3 Extended Diploma BTEC. I would like to pursue a career as a RAF Nursing Officer. I have reading difficulties which link to Dyslexia and struggling in lessons at times, especially science (I have no science GCSE'S but have 7 others including both English and Maths.I did Level 2 Health and Social Care last year. Part of my course contains a unit Anatomy and Physiology , which is science related and if I pass my exam would be the equivalent as a science GCSE? I am predicted DDM/DMM, I was wondering if I did make it into the RAF and begin my training as a Student Nurse, could I be able to do my three years in Cyprus? As that is the base I'd like to work in future for a long duration of time. I'd love to find out more about RAF Student Nursing as I am so intrigued. Any Answers or help related to this would be fab to hear!! Em
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by EmilySteadman)
    Hello,I am currently at college doing Health and Social Care Level 3 Extended Diploma BTEC. I would like to pursue a career as a RAF Nursing Officer. I have reading difficulties which link to Dyslexia and struggling in lessons at times, especially science (I have no science GCSE'S but have 7 others including both English and Maths.I did Level 2 Health and Social Care last year. Part of my course contains a unit Anatomy and Physiology , which is science related and if I pass my exam would be the equivalent as a science GCSE? I am predicted DDM/DMM, I was wondering if I did make it into the RAF and begin my training as a Student Nurse, could I be able to do my three years in Cyprus? As that is the base I'd like to work in future for a long duration of time. I'd love to find out more about RAF Student Nursing as I am so intrigued. Any Answers or help related to this would be fab to hear!! Em
    You'll have to contact them and ask about their entry requirements and what they consider equivalent to what. Moved to the relevant forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySteadman)
    No, training is done in a UK university hospital.

You'd have to ask the RAF if those qualifications count towards entry.

It's also worth noting that student nurse / nurse is a different role to nursing officer. They have different every standards and different training paths.

Go have a look at the RAF careers site for more information.

ReputationRep:
    Military student nurses train alongside civilian students at university in the U.K.

To register as a nurse you have to cover a variety of placements across a number of different clinical environments so that you meet the requirements for registration set by the NMC. As an RAF student nurse, you might be lucky enough to get a short placement in Cyprus, but there's not enough variety to be able to provide the entire three year programme there.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.