Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I desperately need a job right now to pay for something but I can only work until July because I'll be going on holiday until September. So it is still worth it to apply to jobs and will companies want me if they know that I can only work for three months?

ReputationRep:
    Just don’t tell them at the interview , I did a similar thing before I went back to uni.... three months in was like ...’ermmm so I’ve gotta go’. Might feel a bit awkward but ah well, they’ll get someone else in no time .
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    Just don’t tell them at the interview , I did a similar thing before I went back to uni.... three months in was like ...’ermmm so I’ve gotta go’. Might feel a bit awkward but ah well, they’ll get someone else in no time .
    ahhh ok thank! I know it's not a good thing to do and I do wish that I could work for longer to earn more money but the holidays get in the way...could I ask what was the job you were doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _HS)
    ahhh ok thank! I know it's not a good thing to do and I do wish that I could work for longer to earn more money but the holidays get in the way...could I ask what was the job you were doing?
    I was doing aftersales at Mercedes Benz, it was funny though because at my interview she did ask about continuing studying and doing a masters and I was like :dontknow:... but I knew that if I admitted it they wouldn’t hire me.
    There were times where they question my performance because tbh I didn’t really seem like I truly wanted to improve... which I really didn’t because I had somewhere else to go :laugh:. I did nearly tell them several times because they did turn out to be really nice people and then when I did tell them they were actually really nice about it and even offered me part time but I absolutely hated the job so there was no way in hell I’d stay doing it , it was a call centre basically and i just was NOT for me. I ended up just getting sick of it and didn’t turn in one day and just didn’t return ever again. It was quite a big office to be fair though and they did have a group of new starters pretty much monthly so I would have been easy peasy to replace !

Goodness , sorry this ended up being really long but I hope it gives you an idea ... basically it’ll be alright just don’t mention it :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova36)
    I was doing aftersales at Mercedes Benz, it was funny though because at my interview she did ask about continuing studying and doing a masters and I was like :dontknow:... but I knew that if I admitted it they wouldn’t hire me.
    There were times where they question my performance because tbh I didn’t really seem like I truly wanted to improve... which I really didn’t because I had somewhere else to go :laugh:. I did nearly tell them several times because they did turn out to be really nice people and then when I did tell them they were actually really nice about it and even offered me part time but I absolutely hated the job so there was no way in hell I’d stay doing it , it was a call centre basically and i just was NOT for me. I ended up just getting sick of it and didn’t turn in one day and just didn’t return ever again. It was quite a big office to be fair though and they did have a group of new starters pretty much monthly so I would have been easy peasy to replace !

Goodness , sorry this ended up being really long but I hope it gives you an idea ... basically it’ll be alright just don’t mention it :laugh:
    haha that was an interesting story!! and yeah i won't mention it

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.