Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend or job?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My dream job is to be a Geologist and in being a Geologist I would travel a lot in the area I want to go into. However if I'm travelling around a lot then how am I ever going to have a proper relationship; I don't know how things are gonna work out if I travel elsewhere. I will admit that I am not someone who can be single, I want a relationship and to get married but I also would hate to have any other boring job where I don't travel or at least leave my home town.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

ReputationRep:
    someone who works with u?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    a fulfilling relationship is far more worthwhile than any job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    Yes they can be homeless together.

I struggle with juggling stuff like this but I still know that one or the other isn’t the question it’s how to build in compromise to get best of both worlds... let’s ask all the successful people in successful relationships? ...

ReputationRep:
    Do the job and you’ll meet someone along the way, there are so many people who travel a lot for a job and have relationships

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Yes they can be homeless together.

I struggle with juggling stuff like this but I still know that one or the other isn’t the question it’s how to build in compromise to get best of both worlds... let’s ask all the successful people in successful relationships? ...
    logical fallacy 101

it becomes one or the other in certain careers like OP

ReputationRep:
    logical fallacy 101

it becomes one or the other in certain careers like OP
    No she/he is questioning - it hasn’t become one or the other... she thinks there is no other option

ReputationRep:
    Do the career you want and you'll meet similar people and more than likely someone who thinks just like you.

ReputationRep:
    Focus on your career, I'm sure you will find someone with a similar mindset or ambitions to you

ReputationRep:
    Follow your dreams. You might find someone who you'll like in your workplace.

ReputationRep:
    Bless you. Someone's been watching too much Twilight.

ReputationRep:
    I assume you might currently be single and in your 20s, if so, focus on your career first and there may be a chance you meet someone along the way. Someone with similar interests and maybe a similar job. It's better to enjoy your life when you are young so that when you get older, you feel ready to settle down and have a family.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.