Turn on thread page Beta

Nice people watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why do nice people get taken advantage of in our society? I’m genuinely curious. There’s some nice and kind individuals out there, yet others treat them like crap, take advantage of them, make fun of them, etc. I myself have sometimes taken advantage of some people like this in the past and I do regret it. But I’ve seen it occur so many times. Why do you think that is?

ReputationRep:
    Because people are losing respect for others these days. Many kids who are dropping out of school and getting kicked out take the mickey out of genuinely nice people because they think they own the place and what they do is right. It’s not acceptable and they need to grow up and mature
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I think insecure people or potentially popular people that feel the need to impress the masses see nicer people as targets or consider their genial behaviour as a weakness and pick on them for it. It's reprehensible behaviour but mainly highlights insecurity in the person or people partaking in it. That's what I think anyway.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Y11_Maths)
    Because people are losing respect for others these days. Many kids who are dropping out of school and getting kicked out take the mickey out of genuinely nice people because they think they own the place and what they do is right. It’s not acceptable and they need to grow up and mature
    I agree.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    I think insecure people or potentially popular people that feel the need to impress the masses see nicer people as targets or consider their genial behaviour as a weakness and pick on them for it. It's reprehensible behaviour but mainly highlights insecurity in the person or people partaking in it. That's what I think anyway.
    I used to think this too but then I witnessed it so many times and I think it’s just that some individuals really disrespect nice people out of boredom to entertain themselves, because they know the nice person would not defend themselves. It’s really sad. Nowadays when I see this happening I stand up for the nice guy/girl
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by The Night King)
    I used to think this too but then I witnessed it so many times and I think it’s just that some individuals really disrespect nice people out of boredom to entertain themselves, because they know the nice person would not defend themselves. It’s really sad. Nowadays when I see this happening I stand up for the nice guy/girl
    This definitely plays a part too, to be honest. It's good that you stand up for them. If someone launched something at me in person I'd probably just take it and let them chew me out because I don't feel it's compatible with my ideals or morals to tell them about themselves. :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This definitely plays a part too, to be honest. It's good that you stand up for them. If someone launched something at me in person I'd probably just take it and let them chew me out because I don't feel it's compatible with my ideals or morals to tell them about themselves. :lol:
    Tbh me too probably, it depends though. I’m not one to throw abuse at others back either. But if they were really pushing it I’d probably get physical about it

ReputationRep:
    bc by putting others down, you are automatically putting yourself at a higher position, so people do it to feel better about themselves
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I’d probably get physical about it
    Someone could literally beat me to a pulp and I wouldn't touch them as utterly pathetic as that sounds.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by YouAreAYute)
    bc by putting others down, you are automatically putting yourself at a higher position, so people do it to feel better about themselves
    If some people think like that they must be pretty stupid haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Because nice people are easier to exploit as they generally want to put you first so people who only care for themselves take advantage of their kind nature. As to why they do it, I guess it's just selfishness really.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Someone could literally beat me to a pulp and I wouldn't touch them as utterly pathetic as that sounds.
    I hope that will never happen. Some people can get quite violent:laugh: Myself included, but only when pushed to the limit. I respect people who respect me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    Because nice people are easier to exploit as they generally want to put you first so people who only care for themselves take advantage of their kind nature. As to why they do it, I guess it's just selfishness really.
    why is this me lmfao rip

ReputationRep:
    Why do nice people get taken advantage of in our society? I’m genuinely curious. There’s some nice and kind individuals out there, yet others treat them like crap, take advantage of them, make fun of them, etc. I myself have sometimes taken advantage of some people like this in the past and I do regret it. But I’ve seen it occur so many times. Why do you think that is?
    People that are too nice are seen as weak and someone that CAN be taken advantage of so people choose to do that. If you want something done it's easier to go to that person and pressure them.

Also I've noticed that people who say yes to everything are not seen as nicer than someone that often says yes but says no to quite a bit too. Guess people like someone that stands up for themselves for.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    Could be. But many times I witnessed it, it denoted a complete lack of empathy towards the nice person. It’s really hard to see it. I don’t get why some feel the need to disrespect another human being for no reason, especially since that human is so positive (i.e the nice person)

ReputationRep:
    If some people think like that they must be pretty stupid haha
    society in two words

ReputationRep:
    **** knows, but I'm not very nice so it's not something I have to worry about.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by gjd800)
    **** knows, but I'm not very nice so it's not something I have to worry about.
    Yeah me neither. I’m still wondering though. I’d class myself as not nice nor an as****le. Just somewhere in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me neither. I’m still wondering though. I’d class myself as not nice nor an as****le. Just somewhere in the middle.
    Me too. I can be a right c***, sometimes intentionally, but it's never for no reason.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.