Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Loneliness watch

I’m only 17 but I’m starting to feel more and more lonely as time goes. My parents don’t speak to me much and I don’t have ‘true’ friends at school plus no girl will even look my way - what can I do to not feel this way
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Be optimistic for the future. Things will change.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Being lonely can often be part of starting something new. Being oatomistic about the future is fine but it doesn’t help to make friends and reduce loneliness.
    My suggestion to you is to join some local groups in the area in which you’re living, youth group, drama groups, fitness groups, gym.. anywhere where groups get together. That way you’ll start talking to people which will help to make you feel less lonely.
    Make sure you speak to people everyday. If you need to, speak to the support staff at the university. Ask for some suggestions from them.
    Join the university groups too both online and face to face.
    Internet friends are fine but they aren’t ‘really’ friends just people commenting on topics, although they can become friends.
    I hope you’re able to settle and feel less lonely in the future.. 👍🙋🏼

You can always find company in art (literature, music, plastic arts, etc).
    For all else...

Name:  a0793742f7386b286a322a1814cebb3012216e5bef00cf9be98dc891c380b460.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  62.0 KB

I made a lot of friends online when I was 17. They helped me through some rough times (just be careful who you talk to).
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.