aqa or edexcel?🤔

Watch
Adanali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Im kinda confused rn wondering if anyone could help me out.
Basically im in yr 11 doing my gcses and want to do medicine in uni.
The sixthform ive applied for says it does aqa biology alevel and edecxel chemistry alevel.
Idk which one is easier tbh.
Currently all the gcses im doing are edexcel apart from english which is aqa and tbh i find edexcel quite challenging while everyones getting 9s with ocr im getting 6s with edexcel.

Ill rlly appriciate andwers
Izzayyyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you planning on doing biology and chemistry ???
M451
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It does not matter. People argue to no end about which exam boards are better than others but they all follow the same guidelines set by the government and put a minor spin on them. Especially sciences, where the required content is very clearly laid out by Ofqual and is almost identical between exam boards.

I prefer AQA's website and PDFs but it doesn't make things easier or harder. The exam board shouldn't be a factor when deciding what subjects to do, again, especially for sciences.

As for bio vs chem, I do neither but from what I hear, both are very challenging. Chemistry is more important for a medicine application than Biology. Apparently it's also harder than Biology but again, don't let hearsay dictate what A levels you choose. Have a look at the content and see what you like the look of the most.
Alexty28
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Adanali)
Im kinda confused rn wondering if anyone could help me out.
Basically im in yr 11 doing my gcses and want to do medicine in uni.
The sixthform ive applied for says it does aqa biology alevel and edecxel chemistry alevel.
Idk which one is easier tbh.
Currently all the gcses im doing are edexcel apart from english which is aqa and tbh i find edexcel quite challenging while everyones getting 9s with ocr im getting 6s with edexcel.

Ill rlly appriciate andwers
Well if you're planning on doing medicine you should do both. When it comes to difficulty it's based on the subject not the exam board. Most people I know say Chemistry is a hard A Level, but I don't do it personally.
Adanali
Rep:
?
(Original post by Izzayyyy)
Are you planning on doing biology and chemistry ???
Yh i am
Adanali
Rep:
?
(Original post by M451)
It does not matter. People argue to no end about which exam boards are better than others but they all follow the same guidelines set by the government and put a minor spin on them. Especially sciences, where the required content is very clearly laid out by Ofqual and is almost identical between exam boards.

I prefer AQA's website and PDFs but it doesn't make things easier or harder. The exam board shouldn't be a factor when deciding what subjects to do, again, especially for sciences.

As for bio vs chem, I do neither but from what I hear, both are very challenging. Chemistry is more important for a medicine application than Biology. Apparently it's also harder than Biology but again, don't let hearsay dictate what A levels you choose. Have a look at the content and see what you like the look of the most.
Ohhh thank youuu so much
Adanali
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexty28)
Well if you're planning on doing medicine you should do both. When it comes to difficulty it's based on the subject not the exam board. Most people I know say Chemistry is a hard A Level, but I don't do it personally.
Yhyh i am planning do to both as i need them both especially chemistry
I just wanted to know their difference rlly but thabks for ur answer it rlly helped me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (427)
56.63%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.37%

Watched Threads