Turn on thread page Beta

aqa or edexcel?🤔 watch

ReputationRep:
    Im kinda confused rn wondering if anyone could help me out.
    Basically im in yr 11 doing my gcses and want to do medicine in uni.
    The sixthform ive applied for says it does aqa biology alevel and edecxel chemistry alevel.
    Idk which one is easier tbh.
    Currently all the gcses im doing are edexcel apart from english which is aqa and tbh i find edexcel quite challenging while everyones getting 9s with ocr im getting 6s with edexcel.

Ill rlly appriciate andwers
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Are you planning on doing biology and chemistry ???

ReputationRep:
    It does not matter. People argue to no end about which exam boards are better than others but they all follow the same guidelines set by the government and put a minor spin on them. Especially sciences, where the required content is very clearly laid out by Ofqual and is almost identical between exam boards.

I prefer AQA's website and PDFs but it doesn't make things easier or harder. The exam board shouldn't be a factor when deciding what subjects to do, again, especially for sciences.

As for bio vs chem, I do neither but from what I hear, both are very challenging. Chemistry is more important for a medicine application than Biology. Apparently it's also harder than Biology but again, don't let hearsay dictate what A levels you choose. Have a look at the content and see what you like the look of the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adanali)
    Im kinda confused rn wondering if anyone could help me out.
    Basically im in yr 11 doing my gcses and want to do medicine in uni.
    The sixthform ive applied for says it does aqa biology alevel and edecxel chemistry alevel.
    Idk which one is easier tbh.
    Currently all the gcses im doing are edexcel apart from english which is aqa and tbh i find edexcel quite challenging while everyones getting 9s with ocr im getting 6s with edexcel.

Ill rlly appriciate andwers
    Well if you're planning on doing medicine you should do both. When it comes to difficulty it's based on the subject not the exam board. Most people I know say Chemistry is a hard A Level, but I don't do it personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzayyyy)
    Are you planning on doing biology and chemistry ???
    Yh i am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M451)
    It does not matter. People argue to no end about which exam boards are better than others but they all follow the same guidelines set by the government and put a minor spin on them. Especially sciences, where the required content is very clearly laid out by Ofqual and is almost identical between exam boards.

I prefer AQA's website and PDFs but it doesn't make things easier or harder. The exam board shouldn't be a factor when deciding what subjects to do, again, especially for sciences.

As for bio vs chem, I do neither but from what I hear, both are very challenging. Chemistry is more important for a medicine application than Biology. Apparently it's also harder than Biology but again, don't let hearsay dictate what A levels you choose. Have a look at the content and see what you like the look of the most.
    Ohhh thank youuu so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexty28)
    Well if you're planning on doing medicine you should do both. When it comes to difficulty it's based on the subject not the exam board. Most people I know say Chemistry is a hard A Level, but I don't do it personally.
    Yhyh i am planning do to both as i need them both especially chemistry
    I just wanted to know their difference rlly but thabks for ur answer it rlly helped me

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.