Turn on thread page Beta

I have withdrawaled from my module watch

ReputationRep:
    I am scared of the money I will have to pay back as only on benifits I don’t want to end up in debt or have to pay back an amount I cannot afford I have had to withdrawal from my module due to mental health issues is there any one that can help answer me on what I will be able to do about my situation ?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Deannar94)
    I am scared of the money I will have to pay back as only on benifits I don’t want to end up in debt or have to pay back an amount I cannot afford I have had to withdrawal from my module due to mental health issues is there any one that can help answer me on what I will be able to do about my situation ?
    Not enough information.
    You withdrew from a course or just a module?
    Have you told them and left officially? You need to plus tell sfe and accommodation.

If you have sfe funding, then they will not ask for frees back immediately.
    They will ask for any maintenance they had paid to you that they regard as an overpayment. i,e if your last instalment was for 12 weeks and you left after week 6, then they will want the excess back i.e 50%. Just make a repayment plan and offer what you can afford. £10 a month etc.
    You can ask for a discretionary payment up to 60 days.

The rest f your student debt only becomes repayable;e when you are earning over £21k soon to be £25k and then 9% of the excess.

Do get it on record including a letter from GP and confirmation by uni that you left for mental health reasons. It could make funding easier in the future.

Dont worry it will be fine, but a bit easier if you tie up the loose ends and let people know. Save a lot of grief later on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.