Turn on thread page Beta

I don't think anything will help me :( watch

Hello,

So I have severe depression and anxiety and I'm currently on my 5th type of antidepressant. I was also having CBT, which I've had in the past and it didn't work but I gave it another go and it wasn't working at all again so me and the person I did it with decided to stop it because it's not helping. I'm just wondering what the next step is? I asked the guy for my CBT but he didn't really give me an answer he just kept saying well it doesn't work for everyone and it's quite difficult to find other treatments because CBT is the most popular method. So now I'm just left thinking well what happens to the people that CBT doesn't work for? I feel like I'm just beyond help, it looks like nothing will help me. I feel so hopeless. He says he'll talk to my GP so I'm hoping my GP with have something else in place because medication alone just isn't enough, if I even find one that works. I think my GP and CBT guy think I need more as well because I've been like this for years, starting in my teen years maybe in my childhood so I feel like my illness is just integrated into my personality. I told them I don't really want help, I'm just getting help because I know I need it. It's like a war in my head, a constant argument. Depression is such a huge part of me that I feel close to it in a way and I don't want to let it go. What happens to the people that need help and have gone to seek it but nothing works? I just need to know what other options I have, maybe something I can actually ask the doctor that I can be referred to something. What do I do if there's nothing else? I would just like some comfort in knowing some other options because as you can probably tell, I'm starting to think that if there's no other options of help, what do I do...I know I'll just get worse if I know nothing else can be done

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.