Turn on thread page Beta

is it cancer? Please help watch

Ok so. I have been suffering from painful urination from a reallly really long time, about 7 years i think and i've asked everyone in my family and they just kept saying that it was due to dehydration.. so they never took it seriously until now , i know its very stupid.
    I once had a urine test and its results were normal.
    But in the past year i started getting symptoms that might be related to serious medical conditions and i am basically terrified. Im stressing so much and i only have myself to blame for it.
    My symptoms are:
    -Painful urination
    -little pee comes out even though i feel urge in urinating
    -bladder incontinence ( this might be because i used to keep urine inside for too long when i was younger)
    -occasional discomfort/pressure in the pelvic area after urination or masturbation
    -abnormal discharge that changes in consistency quantity colour and smell (brown)
    -abnormal urine (smell changes; its really sweet or ammonia-like)
    -nausea (only had this recently)
    -vaginal odour that is not related to hygene
    Bear in mind that i am only 17 and i only engaged in self-stimulation in terms of masturbating, but have not been sexually active with anyone else.
    Also Im contacting a doctor asap and will update you all on this
    Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so. I have been suffering from painful urination from a reallly really long time, about 7 years i think and i've asked everyone in my family and they just kept saying that it was due to dehydration.. so they never took it seriously until now , i know its very stupid.
    But in the past year i started getting symptoms that might be related to serious medical conditions and i am basically terrified. Im stressing so much and i only have myself to blame for it.
    My symptoms are:
    -Painful urination
    -bladder incontinence ( this might be because i used to keep urine inside for too long when i was younger)
    -occasional discomfort/pressure in the pelvic area after urination or masturbation
    -abnormal discharge that changes in consistency quantity colour and smell (brown)
    Bear in mind that i am only 17 and i only engaged in self-stimulation in terms of masturbating, but have not been sexually active with anyone else.
    Please help
    Go to a doctor! No-one here can help you

ReputationRep:
    hey there, how come you hadn't been to the doctor before?
    either way i'm sure everything will be fine, but please do go to see a doctor!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My symptoms are:
    -Painful urination
    Please help
    If it was something that serious, you'd probably know by now. Definitely visit your GP, but don't jump to any conclusions or do too much googling because you'll only scare yourself and make yourself feel worse. Good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like urine infection, but it’s hard to diagnose over TSR so get on the phone to your GP first thing tomorrow morning and get it sorted. It must be so uncomfortable!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Fazzy_77)
    Go to a doctor! No-one here can help you
    true thank you for replying

(Original post by elliebon)
    hey there, how come you hadn't been to the doctor before?
    either way i'm sure everything will be fine, but please do go to see a doctor!
    I just never took it seriously and neither did my family... just thought it was dehydration until all these symptoms developed and i cant help being really stressed i cant sleep at all and feel like crying
    thank you so much for replying

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    If it was something that serious, you'd probably know by now. Definitely visit your GP, but don't jump to any conclusions or do too much googling because you'll only scare yourself and make yourself feel worse. Good luck :hugs:
    Very true google just made this so much worse for me i just started crying reading all that cos according to google i have most definitely got cervical cancer. ughhh im definitely ringing my gp tomorrow. also, how would i probably know by now if it was something serious?

(Original post by Potato456)
    It sounds like urine infection, but it’s hard to diagnose over TSR so get on the phone to your GP first thing tomorrow morning and get it sorted. It must be so uncomfortable!
    yes it is... i will thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    I just never took it seriously and neither did my family... just thought it was dehydration until all these symptoms developed and i cant help being really stressed i cant sleep at all and feel like crying
    thank you so much for replying
    it's alright, i'm actually in a bit of a similar situation myself! again it's probably nothing, but please update us when you hear back from the doctors! good luck

(Original post by rickyrossman)
    Probably not, see your GP.
    i will thank you

(Original post by elliebon)
    it's alright, i'm actually in a bit of a similar situation myself! again it's probably nothing, but please update us when you hear back from the doctors! good luck
    oh sorry to hear that.i really hope your situation gets better soon. If u need help with anything just say evn tho im a complete mess rn lol. Yess i definitely will do so. thank yu once more
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Very true google just made this so much worse for me i just started crying reading all that cos according to google i have most definitely got cervical cancer. ughhh im definitely ringing my gp tomorrow. also, how would i probably know by now if it was something serious?
    Honestly, you could have a headache and the internet would tell you that you have a brain tumour. It shows you too many worst case scenarios, so don't take it too seriously. Just use it to learn more about how you can help yourself at home with minor things and stuff like that, but the dianogstic tools are rubbish. I may have misread, I'm very tired, but you said it'd been 7 years and your urine tests were fine, and I would imagine it would've been picked up before now. It could be a whole host of things. A lot of your symptoms match up with a UTI, so really don't worry about it too much. Just get to see your doctor so they can help you adn also put your mind at rest. I hope you feel better soon!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I am no doctor, but this is a big warning flag that something is up that needs professional attention.
    Go see your GP, describe all the symptoms you've put in the OP, and they will advise you. Hope it goes well for you!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My symptoms are:
    -Painful urination
    Please help
    Hi there. I know this is pretty scary and cancer is like the go to worry, but there's so much simple stuff that can cause less than simple symptoms.
    For now just go see your GP with this list and try not to worry.
    And don't blame yourself either. Unless you pressed a magic "make me ill" button knowing this would happen it is not your fault. There may have been things you could have done differently, but that's just life. There will always be the possibility with whatever you've done that you could have done it differently and the outcome be changed, but there is no perfect way of doing things and you shouldn't beat yourself up over that.

Good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    Did you see a doctor?

its called a water infection

its called a water infection
    Is water infection detected in urine samples? Because i had a urine test and it was negative

ReputationRep:
    Honestly don't be embarrassed to go to you doctor, perhaps it's your kidneys i.e. Stones or your gall bladder but defo seek the opinion of your doctor

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.