Turn on thread page Beta

Disability and lectures... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I am physically disabled, because I have a degenerative bone disease, which causes me severe pain every day, and the eventual collapse of my joints. I also have arthritis in many joints as well. As a result of this, I am permanently in a wheelchair, and I take strong painkillers. My question is do I have to attend lectures? I struggle to push myself around, and I’d be much more comfortable at home studying. My course will be History, so it is theory based. Also, I have an appointment with the disability officer tomorrow... is there anything particular I should ask?
    Thank you xxx

ReputationRep:
    Think about what you need for lectures and what you need for accommodation (e.g. will noise be a serious issue, can you share a normal kitchen etc). I don't know they will let you skip all lectures and there will probably still be group work - but it may be an option to have them recorded or something.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by MeggyW99)
    Hello
    I am physically disabled, because I have a degenerative bone disease, which causes me severe pain every day, and the eventual collapse of my joints. I also have arthritis in many joints as well. As a result of this, I am permanently in a wheelchair, and I take strong painkillers. My question is do I have to attend lectures? I struggle to push myself around, and I’d be much more comfortable at home studying. My course will be History, so it is theory based. Also, I have an appointment with the disability officer tomorrow... is there anything particular I should ask?
    Thank you xxx
    Moved to Disabled students

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.