Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Apprenticeship advice watch

Announcements

Hi all I’m currently doing a level 2 apprenticeship having to wake up at 5 just to get to my workplace as it’s quite far away. Pay is very low and another apprenticeship provider has recently got back to me (I applied before applying for the one I’m at right now). This new apprenticeship pays much higher for the same qualification. I am mainly interested in getting a qualification but at the same time I’d rather be paid more for the work I’m doing plus it is nearer so I want to do the apprenticeship that there. My question is I’m already 3 weeks into my current apprenticeship how do I go about this?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    check with the current and prospective future apprenticeship about whether a notice period is applicable, and then make any necessary arrangements to complete it then move onto the current one. I can't really see any major issue arising, provided the new apprenticeship is happy to take you after leaving the other (which I imagine they would...)

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.