Turn on thread page Beta

Been with by bf for almost a year now. We love each so much and I know he's the man for me.

At times, when we're out, guys stare at me or show their interest and it makes my heart flutter, like my heart races when "super attractive guys" look my way, but there is not even a single 1% that I would do anything with them, no matter how good looking they are because I'm not interested at all.

I love my bf so much and he's the only one for me but it just feels good (confidence boost) when I get the attention from other guys.

Is this normal? :/

ReputationRep:
    Imo there's nothing wrong in looking at other attractive people. My girlfriend and I , we do it all the time , because we know that however attractive the person might be it isn't gonna go past looking.
    As far as you're sure of that factor , I doubt it matters. He might be getting looks as well, it is a two way street and it is completely normal

ReputationRep:
    Totally! Being in a loving, happy relationship doesn't mean that you no longer find other people attractive or want to feel attractive yourself. You said yourself that you would never do anything with them, so it's fine.

(Original post by abhinair3004)
    Imo there's nothing wrong in looking at other attractive people. My girlfriend and I , we do it all the time , because we know that however attractive the person might be it isn't gonna go past looking.
    As far as you're sure of that factor , I doubt it matters. He might be getting looks as well, it is a two way street and it is completely normal
    (Original post by VKO)
    Totally! Being in a loving, happy relationship doesn't mean that you no longer find other people attractive or want to feel attractive yourself. You said yourself that you would never do anything with them, so it's fine.
    That's so reassuring! Thank you both so much!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.