Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, if seeing masculine body doesn't turn you on then how do men body arouse you? watch

We (guys) feel nothing when do we see chair, table, pen, bag, shoes and other neutral objects. But when do we see our opposite sex/feminine women we experience sexual attraction (had a physiological response (eg. Blushing, heart fluttering, pulse racing) to anyone we consider 'attractive', for lack of better words)
    But women say they feel nothing. When do they see chair, table, pen, bag, shoes and other neutral objects and also their opposite sex they feel nothing. They have eye sight that's why they can detect the objects, that's it.
    If there is no difference between seeing neutral objects (chair, table, pen, bag, shoes) and seeing opposite sex then how do a woman get aroused by a man? Does it mean women are inherently asexual but provide sex because they want child?
    If women are blind to visual attraction they how do they know about their sexual attraction.
    Delusional. Then how do girls know whether they are aroused by men body or not? It means girls are like asexual, they can enjoy sex but when it happen and gender doesn't matter it's all about person?

What makes you think girls aren't aroused by a masculine body???

ReputationRep:
    The whole premise of this thread is absolute cobblers.

Women, in general, are most definitely not asexual.

I have never met a woman that would respond to seeing a physically attractive man in the same way they'd react to seeing a chair.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly WOMEN.

Secondly, lol, this is the first time I’ve seen women described as unfeeling and unemotional. It’s also complete and utter poop because women can have same feelings of attraction to objects as people. There’s a bunch of research on sexual attraction in women..less than in men but still it’s out there.

Girls might not like muscular men..it’s often a maturity thing. But beefed up, unrealistic for most to maintain muscles? That’s down to taste. Also women have different areas they find attractive in general. Care less about a six pack and more about jaw lines, hands, that part of neck you can only see when shirt unbuttoned. Arms in general I think for a lot of women. I know a lot of women who also find other women sexually attractive even tho hetero. There’s also a certain tempo of car or bike engine that is particularly seducing

Anyway...😂 I’ll go back to my cold unfeeling and asexual ways
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

To be perfectly honest I feel nothing when it comes to physically attractive guys. I never have and probably never will. Part of it may be down to the fact that my drive is low to begin with due to stress and medication. Personally, what arouses me is close physical intimacy. If I am attracted to a guy and we are near to each other then that will do it for me. Attraction isn't physical for me. I have to have a emotional connection with them for the rest to follow. 'Hot lads just don't do it for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We (guys) feel nothing when do we see chair, table, pen, bag, shoes and other neutral objects. But when do we see our opposite sex/feminine women we experience sexual attraction (had a physiological response (eg. Blushing, heart fluttering, pulse racing) to anyone we consider 'attractive', for lack of better words)
    But women say they feel nothing. When do they see chair, table, pen, bag, shoes and other neutral objects and also their opposite sex they feel nothing. They have eye sight that's why they can detect the objects, that's it.
    If there is no difference between seeing neutral objects (chair, table, pen, bag, shoes) and seeing opposite sex then how do a woman get aroused by a man? Does it mean women are inherently asexual but provide sex because they want child?
    If women are blind to visual attraction they how do they know about their sexual attraction.
    Delusional. Then how do girls know whether they are aroused by men body or not? It means girls are like asexual, they can enjoy sex but when it happen and gender doesn't matter it's all about person?
    Women are not asexual. There are some asexual women but not all women are asexual kinda thing.

Why do you think male strippers exist? Why are there male models and why do women get as many celebrity crushes as men, if not more?

Women do experience visual attraction. It's just that we don't all find things like mountains of muscle attractive. That kind of attractiveness is only important for one night stands.

I really want to know where the heck you got your info from

To be perfectly honest I feel nothing when it comes to physically attractive guys. I never have and probably never will. Part of it may be down to the fact that my drive is low to begin with due to stress and medication. Personally, what arouses me is close physical intimacy. If I am attracted to a guy and we are near to each other then that will do it for me. Attraction isn't physical for me. I have to have a emotional connection with them for the rest to follow. 'Hot lads just don't do it for me.
    If you are blind to visual attraction then how do you know about your sexual attraction.

If you are blind to visual attraction then how do you know about your sexual attraction.

Because being close to a girl is nothing like being close to a guy. How is this delusional? As a man, which I presume you are, you won't understand it. You do not need to be aroused by the body to know you are straight. There are other aspects about men that are even more arousing. I for one like the feel of being cuddled by a guy I am into. Bonus points if he has some good aftershave on. If I were to cuddle another woman it wouldnt feel the same.

Asexual means you don't like sex or want it. I like sex as does most other women. Just because a six pack isn't arousing doesn't mean I am asexual.

Because being close to a girl is nothing like being close to a guy. How is this delusional? As a man, which I presume you are, you won't understand it. You do not need to be aroused by the body to know you are straight. There are other aspects about men that are even more arousing. I for one like the feel of being cuddled by a guy I am into. Bonus points if he has some good aftershave on. If I were to cuddle another woman it wouldnt feel the same.

Asexual means you don't like sex or want it. I like sex as does most other women. Just because a six pack isn't arousing doesn't mean I am asexual.
    I am not talking about six pact. I am talking about primary sexual attraction and primary sexual desire. As you have said attraction isn't physical for you. So logically there is a absence of primary sexual attraction. Absence of primary sexual attraction means absence of primary sexual desire.

Grey sexual don't experience it. Men see women everyday and find them sexually desirable and many times lust/get excited. This is nothing other than physical/ sexual attraction toward females which we can't help.

However women are basically asexual when they don't have an emotional connection toward men. They don't look at parts of the male body and have dirty thoughts, get excited or really even feel anything the way men do.
    This is until they have an emotional connection with a guy? Is it because women don't really lust after men but more the personality of men?

As you have said, Personally, what arouses me is close physical intimacy. If I am attracted to a guy and we are near to each other then that will do it for me. Attraction isn't physical for me. I have to have a emotional connection with them for the rest to follow.

It means girls basically asexual when they don't have an emotional connection? If you are single it means you have no emotional connection with someone so you are not sexually attracted to anyone and absence of primary sexual attraction means looking at men and women often same for you. There is no sexual attraction, if there is no sexual attraction then how will the emotional connection build? Even absence of primary sexual attraction means lack of self sexual attraction. If you are single > you have no emotional connection with anyone > so logically you will not feel urge to have sex with anyone and won't acknowledge which gender actually turn you on > it means you are asexual if single.

I am not talking about six pact. I am talking about primary sexual attraction and primary sexual desire. As you have said attraction isn't physical for you. So logically there is a absence of primary sexual attraction. Absence of primary sexual attraction means absence of primary sexual desire.

Grey sexual don't experience it. Men see women everyday and find them sexually desirable and many times lust/get excited. This is nothing other than physical/ sexual attraction toward females which we can't help.

However women are basically asexual when they don't have an emotional connection toward men. They don't look at parts of the male body and have dirty thoughts, get excited or really even feel anything the way men do.
    This is until they have an emotional connection with a guy? Is it because women don't really lust after men but more the personality of men?

As you have said, Personally, what arouses me is close physical intimacy. If I am attracted to a guy and we are near to each other then that will do it for me. Attraction isn't physical for me. I have to have a emotional connection with them for the rest to follow.

It means girls basically asexual when they don't have an emotional connection? If you are single it means you have no emotional connection with someone so you are not sexually attracted to anyone and absence of primary sexual attraction means looking at men and women often same for you. There is no sexual attraction, if there is no sexual attraction then how will the emotional connection build? Even absence of primary sexual attraction means lack of self sexual attraction. If you are single > you have no emotional connection with anyone > so logically you will not feel urge to have sex with anyone and won't acknowledge which gender actually turn you on > it means you are asexual if single.
    Just because at any one point I am single does not mean I am unable to feel attraction. Generalizing that all men lust towards particular women is a bit of an overstatement. Men with a lower sex drive won't tend to do that and lower sex drive does not equal asexuality.

And not all women are like me like the other posters are able to confirm. I shared my own personal viewpoint. Some are able to lust towards a guy purely on physical attraction. That's why male strippers are able to stay in business because the physicality of a man appeals to them. Maybe it is not to the extent that men do, but the whole biological make up of a woman's sexual desire is to find a good partner whose child they are happy to rear for 9 months, whereas men don't need to consider the lifelong implications as they do not carry children. So of course they arent going to lust like a man does.

Its also a bit of a far cry to say because I am single I do not have an emotional connection to a man. Maybe I just value friendships and see men mainly as a possible friend rather than someone who is going to be a potential partner. Dating after all 99% of the time always ends in disaster.

I have no idea where you are getting your facts from. I am female and I can 100% be sexually attracted to men without an emotional connection. I don't find all guys attractive, but certain men are very physically attractive and also intellectually attractive to me, which results in sexual desire and arousal. Looking at men and women is definitely not the same - I can look at a women and realise that she is very attractive, but I have no thoughts of wanting to sleep with her; with a man I find attractive, I can have sexual fantasies. Also, I know very early on after meeting a guy whether he will be in the friend zone or a potential boyfriend - no emotional connection required to make this judgement.

I am sure I am not the only one who is like this. There are plenty of girls who have one night stands and have sex without much of an emotional connection.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2739403/

try using google for more than cat videos and pokemon reruns. Women do experience visual attraction but gender has less impact than scenario. Another paper has linked high sex drive to attraction. Again gender is less constricted for women in this, high sex drive tends to increase attraction to both. Men have a preferential attraction and that is the one which increases with the sex drive

"If sex drive is a generalized energizer of sexual behaviors, then high sex drive should increase an individual's sexual attraction to both men and women. If sex drive energizes only dominant sexual responses, however, then high sex drive should selectively increase attraction to men or to women, but not to both, depending on the individual's sexual orientation. Data from three studies assessing a total of 3,645 participants show that for most women, high sex drive is associated with increased sexual attraction to both men and women. For men, however, high sex drive is associated with increased sexual attraction to only one sex or the other, depending on the individual's sexual orientation. These results suggest that the correlates of sex drive and the organization of sexual orientation are different for women and men." (lippa, 2006)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.