Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I apply for Psychology and I am afraid if I will get in, it would be too hard, stressful and I would not have any free time... For me it would be even harder, because I am not very good in English yet (I have CAE, but I still have problems read books or listen to native speaker).

So, how hard is it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's pretty intense with a high work load, but manageable.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also applied for Psychology at UCL, and was wondering which student houses are close to main undergraduate Psychology building where lectures are held? Do you have any good recommendations for places to stay?
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    It's pretty intense with a high work load, but manageable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by harristally)
    Hi, I also applied for Psychology at UCL, and was wondering which student houses are close to main undergraduate Psychology building where lectures are held? Do you have any good recommendations for places to stay?
    Connoughat hall is next door. Most halls are about a 10 min walk away. But you don't get to choose where you live with UCL, you put down preferences like en-suite or close to campus and you're assigned a place.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, thank you so much for your reply!
    Also, would you have an opportunity to apply for a placement year in UCL? How easy is it to get work experience there?

(Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Connoughat hall is next door. Most halls are about a 10 min walk away. But you don't get to choose where you live with UCL, you put down preferences like en-suite or close to campus and you're assigned a place.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by harristally)
    Oh I see, thank you so much for your reply!
    Also, would you have an opportunity to apply for a placement year in UCL? How easy is it to get work experience there?
    No, there is no placement year and they don't organise work experience, but some staff hire research assistants throughout the year where you can gain research experience.

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.