As I wait for Universities to get back on my applications, I´d like to do some research: I have never been to the UK. I live in Peru. What are some things we do different?
· Greeting People: We give a kiss on the cheek to women, shake hands with men.
· Lifts: We stand close to the walls, looking at each other awkwardly.
· Buses: Your stop is coming up? Scream "Getting down on x street!". Drivers usually compete for people (not public transport) so they drive like maniacs... better hold on to your sit (or anything you can).
· Taxis: No meters. The driver tells you how much it costs to get you there before you hop in. You can usually negotiate the price. No tips.
· Time: For most people "Lets meet at 5 pm" means "Lets meet at 6 pm".
· Smoking(cigs): Only in open areas. Most people throw their butts on the street.
· Friends: Even if you aren´t the best of friends, when you meet their parents they are automatically your aunt or uncle.
· Tipping at restaurants: Usually around 10%
· Getting ID´d: 100% of times at clubs, only if you look young when buying alcohol or cigarettes.
· Am I missing anything important? Let me know!
Loughborough at number one