Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I have read a few threads on here about the OH process but worried that my recurrent rhinitis/sinus problems may stop me from starting in September.. anyone have any ideas?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by heiberviner)
    Hi there. I have read a few threads on here about the OH process but worried that my recurrent rhinitis/sinus problems may stop me from starting in September.. anyone have any ideas?
    Unlikely. You will have to let them know of course but it's not really something that will really hold you back.

ReputationRep:
    WIll they need details from my gp to declare for for practice?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    WIll they need details from my gp to declare for for practice?
    I'm not very sure of the process but my understanding is that you complete the form and declare what you think will affect your practice. They will then decide if they need your records and will ask you if they can request them.

Charlotte's Web can you help?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info.. 👍
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I generally avoid making judgements on TSR as obviously we don't know the full extent of your symptoms and how they affect you, but honestly I think it would be very unlikely to be an issue.

You will be asked by occupational health to declare any medical conditions and will attend an appointment to discuss with them. In rare cases, they ask your GP for more information, however, again, I think this would be very unlikely.

We have an article on Occupational Health I have literally just uploaded which may be useful to you:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2#post76659932

ReputationRep:
    My oh never asked to see gp records etc (except vaccination confirmation for which you provide a form), just to discuss issues you raise.
    Honestly I have epilepsy, gallstones/ liver issues and bipolar (suffered an episode during the course) and they still cleared me fit to study/ placement with adaptions. I was so nervous I wouldn’t pass when I initially applied but learnt that oh are there to support you to study rather than just saying no and have found them a really good support in terms of adapting things so I can study and also achieve well.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.