Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mature student and planning on living in the halls watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 and I am still undecided whether I should commute or live in the halls. If you are a mature student, can you share your experience on what it is like to live in accommodation with other students?

I'm not really anti-social however, I want to gain more insight. What does it feel like to live with others who are younger than you?

Any answers will be helpful.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jerico242)
    I'm 25 and I am still undecided whether I should commute or live in the halls. If you are a mature student, can you share your experience on what it is like to live in accommodation with other students?

I'm not really anti-social however, I want to gain more insight. What does it feel like to live with others who are younger than you?

Any answers will be helpful.
    Moved to the mature students forum You can ask to be put with second or third years or even postgrads if you like but it's really about what you want to get from the experience. Do you want to have the whole freshers experience or would you rather not?

ReputationRep:
    Hey im 25, 24 when i initially moved into halls last year. I had my concerns for sure, i dont really like going clubbing anymore ect and im not the most sociable of people but tbh ive been pretty lucky with the 14 other people i share a flat with. They do go clubbing and like to party but only really on a wedneday or a friday so its not like a constant house party. Im the oldest but there are a few others in their early 20s, one is 23 and a few are 21 so its not literally all 18 year olds. They treat me like everyone else, its not weird or awkward that i am older and some of the people i get on best with are 18-19. The only time i remember im a good 6-7 years older than a lot of them is when they talk about brexit as they weren't old enough to vote at the time XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThinWhiteDuck)
    Hey im 25, 24 when i initially moved into halls last year. I had my concerns for sure, i dont really like going clubbing anymore ect and im not the most sociable of people but tbh ive been pretty lucky with the 14 other people i share a flat with. They do go clubbing and like to party but only really on a wedneday or a friday so its not like a constant house party. Im the oldest but there are a few others in their early 20s, one is 23 and a few are 21 so its not literally all 18 year olds. They treat me like everyone else, its not weird or awkward that i am older and some of the people i get on best with are 18-19. The only time i remember im a good 6-7 years older than a lot of them is when they talk about brexit as they weren't old enough to vote at the time XD
    Thanks for your input. Was there other students who are around our age? I am thinking about moving to a hall because I want more independence and for the sake of experience.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.