cezzab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm currently working towards my NVQ Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business admin but I don't understand a set of questions.

SOMEONE HELP

1. 1.1 Describe the functions of customer information systems?
2. 1.2 Explain the way in which legislation and regulatory requirements affect the processing of customer information?
3. 1.3 Explain different responsibilities and levels of authority for processing customer service information?
4. 1.4 Explain the reliability of sources of customer information?
5. 1.5 Explain the validity of customer information?

Thanks in advance
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cezzab)
Hi, I'm currently working towards my NVQ Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business admin but I don't understand a set of questions.

SOMEONE HELP

2. 1.2 Explain the way in which legislation and regulatory requirements affect the processing of customer information?
3. 1.3 Explain different responsibilities and levels of authority for processing customer service information?

Thanks in advance
Some of these are already answered in the megathread
cezzab
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
Some of these are already answered in the megathread
I went through the megathread and couldn't find it?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I went through the megathread and couldn't find it?
Try using ctrl+f in the page to find relevant information
cezzab
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
Try using ctrl+f in the page to find relevant information
I've looked through again, can't seem to find anything
LauraLush13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

SOMEONE HELP

Thanks in advance

Hi!

How did you get on with these?
I'm also stuck on the same questions!! x
AlexBG1997
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good morning

Customer information systems can be anything that provides you or them with information, this may be an order portal, their comany website etc. Think about the services that these systems can bring to your customer and to you also. For example you can place orders through their portal, or get pricing information.

A perfect topic for this question is the recent implementation of the GDPR legislation, pof which changes the way we process customer's information and also it's uses. we now have to ask for our customer's permission to acquire their info in a more detailed way, we are now deemed as 'Data controllers' etc. So maybe look into this.

Lower level staff will process orders, deal with enquiries about services and goods, however are not very likely to have much information on the contract for that customer, or their detailed financial data as it is unnecessary, therefore higher levels of staff will have access to the relevant information to their level of work.

List a few sources of information when it comes to data concerning your customer. For exampe the customer themselves, although likely to be reliable it is common businesses will only publicise positive information. If it comes from a competitor of the customer, then the chances of it being negatively biased are increased and the reliability of the data is reduced.

Validity effectively means 'accurate' therefore how do we know that the data is accurate? Are there pieces of evidence we can look at? Were there multiple tests run of sample groups etc.

Hope this helps
15writers
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1. The major functions of customer information systems (CIS) include: input, storage, data processing, output and feedback collection.2. The effect of the regulatory requirements is that customer information must be stored safely and must not be shared with a third party. Confidentiality is a huge concern today.3. This question involves discussing who has access to customer service information and what the responsibilities of the stakeholders are.4. Why should the sources through which an organisation obtains customer information be considered reliable? Are more reliable sources available?5. Is the customer service information collected by an organisation still suitable and appropriate to their business goals?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (48)
18.82%
Labour (105)
41.18%
Liberal Democrats (52)
20.39%
Green Party (15)
5.88%
Brexit Party (7)
2.75%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)