Turn on thread page Beta

So I met a guy through online dating. Turns out though we’ve got lots of mutual connections. That he went to school with my best friend. He’s my old neighbours cousin etc etc.

We went for drinks last Tuesday, was great didn’t stop laughing and talking etc. Felt so comfortable and left with a massive smile on my face. He said something about next time. To which I replied ‘oh so there’s going to be a next time’ he replied with ‘well I’ve put my cards on the table this ones up to you’.

We messaged a bit after the date for the few days after. But nothing much. He doesn’t seem the biggest texter which I get some people aren’t but it drives me crazy. Like he leaves me on read all the time. And normally I’d like message till I got a response. But I’m trying so badly to play this one differently.

He messaged on Friday saying he was off work on Sunday. So I just bit the bullet and asked if he wanted to do something then as I was off too. He said yes and we went for lunch. Ended up staying in the restaurant for 8 hours and having dinner aswell. I had a few cocktails and we spoke about everything. Exs came into the conversation which isn’t really date 2 conversations. But we spoke about so much! He drove me home when we finally left and we kissed. We’d talked about a 3rd date. But I’ve not actually heard from him since Sunday. And it’s driving me crazy. Cause I can’t tell. I’ve been messed around so many times. I’m so cautious now, but I get the feeling if I didn’t message him or ask him out he wouldn’t.

We kept joking about ghosting as I’ve had it done a lot. So I said to him just to tell me he wasn’t interested and not to ghost me. He said he would. Then he said the same that he would be gutted if I ghosted him

I don’t know where I stand. He’s the first guy I’ve genuinely liked after a date for a very long time!

ReputationRep:
    Below
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I met a guy through online dating. Turns out though we’ve got lots of mutual connections. That he went to school with my best friend. He’s my old neighbours cousin etc etc.

We went for drinks last Tuesday, was great didn’t stop laughing and talking etc. Felt so comfortable and left with a massive smile on my face. He said something about next time. To which I replied ‘oh so there’s going to be a next time’ he replied with ‘well I’ve put my cards on the table this ones up to you’.

We messaged a bit after the date for the few days after. But nothing much. He doesn’t seem the biggest texter which I get some people aren’t but it drives me crazy. Like he leaves me on read all the time. And normally I’d like message till I got a response. But I’m trying so badly to play this one differently.

He messaged on Friday saying he was off work on Sunday. So I just bit the bullet and asked if he wanted to do something then as I was off too. He said yes and we went for lunch. Ended up staying in the restaurant for 8 hours and having dinner aswell. I had a few cocktails and we spoke about everything. Exs came into the conversation which isn’t really date 2 conversations. But we spoke about so much! He drove me home when we finally left and we kissed. We’d talked about a 3rd date. But I’ve not actually heard from him since Sunday. And it’s driving me crazy. Cause I can’t tell. I’ve been messed around so many times. I’m so cautious now, but I get the feeling if I didn’t message him or ask him out he wouldn’t.

We kept joking about ghosting as I’ve had it done a lot. So I said to him just to tell me he wasn’t interested and not to ghost me. He said he would. Then he said the same that he would be gutted if I ghosted him

I don’t know where I stand. He’s the first guy I’ve genuinely liked after a date for a very long time!
    He might be trying to seem casual and not too eager and clingy, which most girls say they don’t like, if anything text first and if he doesn’t reply then most likely he is either really really busy or not interested. But if you went to a restaurant for 8 hours, I’m pretty sure he’s interested 😂, but do text first, nothing wrong with trying, especially since you actually like him, so don’t miss the chance
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.