Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Abusive Parent wants to meet watch

Announcements

I'm nearly 18. I left home on Monday from my controlling/narcissistic mum and my dad that just goes along with it. It was emotional abuse and it was mentally draining. I left and i moved in with my older brother. Although my younger brother who i miss alot still lives there.

My 'mum' rang me yesterday (putting guilt on me, a whole day after i was gone) saying why i left gone that my 'brother' has nobody now because you left..not even an apology or nothing. Straight with the guilt and i broke down.

She rang me 10 mins ago asking me to meet her in town at 3 and i have a really bad feeling about it. I took a panic attack already and idk what to do. One part of me thinks just to meet her and speak my mind and the other part just wants to ignore it..i wont move back in no matter how much i miss my brother..

Help?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm nearly 18. I left home on Monday from my controlling/narcissistic mum and my dad that just goes along with it. It was emotional abuse and it was mentally draining. I left and i moved in with my older brother. Although my younger brother who i miss alot still lives there.

My 'mum' rang me yesterday (putting guilt on me, a whole day after i was gone) saying why i left gone that my 'brother' has nobody now because you left..not even an apology or nothing. Straight with the guilt and i broke down.

She rang me 10 mins ago asking me to meet her in town at 3 and i have a really bad feeling about it. I took a panic attack already and idk what to do. One part of me thinks just to meet her and speak my mind and the other part just wants to ignore it..i wont move back in no matter how much i miss my brother..

Help?
    How old is your younger brother?

Your older brother must side with you as hes let you move in?

Meet in a public place, possible take your brother or say you dont feel able to at the moment and you need time to settle.

If there are cultural implications and you are of a certain ethnicity, then is there any chance of kidnap? Imo if you dont feel comfy, then dont go.
    If you have gone and you dont take anyone then leave full details, just so people know where you went etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.