Turn on thread page Beta

struggling to come to terms with being sexually assaulted at uni watch

ReputationRep:
    basically a few months ago I was sexually assaulted during freshers week and I am still struggling badly to get over it, I have been for counselling but my grades have really suffered, some days I dont even want to show my face. I didnt report it because I was too scared and the guy in question threatened me if I told anyone. Yet he walks around uni being mr popular with the ladies, when i said no to him he turns so nasty on me.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by irina lechoff)
    basically a few months ago I was sexually assaulted during freshers week and I am still struggling badly to get over it, I have been for counselling but my grades have really suffered, some days I dont even want to show my face. I didnt report it because I was too scared and the guy in question threatened me if I told anyone. Yet he walks around uni being mr popular with the ladies, when i said no to him he turns so nasty on me.
    I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

It's great you've been for counselling, but it's bound to take time for you to become trusting, confident and content again. Is there a way for you to make sure this person is as blocked out of your life as possible? Do you see him a lot? I think it's definitely important to get him as far out of your mind as possible.

Have you spoken to your friends or those close to you about it? Although you've spoken to a counsellor it can feel really good to have people on your side who know, can support you in times of need, and encourage you to go into uni or do things that make you feel better.

Keep trying your best to get out of the house, join new things if you feel up to it or at least carry on with any hobbies you did have, as these can be so valuable in distracting yourself and boosting your confidence, self esteem and mood. Volunteering, sports and societies are all good options.

I really hope you start to feel better soon. You are worth so much more than that disgusting person.

Yo, if you've been sexually assaulted, tell someone. You're not his carpet.

ReputationRep:
    That is a shocking story, be brave and if necessary front up and call him out to his face in public. Belittle him and tell him you are disgusted by him. Don’t be a victim and don’t be bullied, don’t be crushed by the experience or he has won. Don’t let him have power over you.

ReputationRep:
    Report it, never occured to you this may happen to someone else.

Irina ... You are being socially conditioned by your feelings of fear, (that he planted in your mind) - strip that away & you know it is common sense for you to report him.

He is a Sex Offender & he is prowling through your University & it is a matter of time before he pounces on another innocent woman, who will soon share the same feelings of pain, that you have.

He deserves to be judged by his peers & an appropriate punishment be awarded to him for the pain he has caused you, for the disrespect he has committed to your body, for the mental disfigurement he has caused to your soul.

He does not deserve to go unpunished ... you are a strong woman Irina, stronger than you know, braver than you think, you have survived the filth of this man, you have not crumpled into a heap & you have sent your issue to this forum ... you are looking for answers, all you need to see, is you can have faith again in mankind, we are not all like this man, he is an evil, hideous minority.

I know how you feel, because a similar situation happened to me, I found justice for myself & the coward was punished, & I could move on I wouldn't take back anything that happened to me, it made me who I am today; beautiful, fearless & strong.

Please go to the authorities & report him, your Counsellor will show you how, just ask ... you & me are fixing the world by outing the crimes of one evil person at a time (remember that) ...

Godbless - Jesus is the way, the truth & the life ... Amen

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.