Turn on thread page Beta

Black box car insurance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a More than car insurance with black box installed. It looks like that 7 month into the policy I seriously underestimated the mileage we make annually.
    I am not sure that we actually made as many miles as Morethan claims we did, so I requested the itemised breakdown for each month. Surprisingly the assistant on the phone said that is not possible because they can’t share this information with me only over the phone.
    I wanted them to email to me so I can go through it in detail and find it frustrating that they are unable to provide me with this information.
    Not sure whether they can alter the data just to charge more?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    The mileage ought to be easy for you to measure, just check what your odometer says and compare that to what it was at the start of the policy. If that doesn't match up to what you're being told your mileage is then you can dispute it, though be aware that the GPS sensor in the black box will be more accurate than the odometer (which is based on wheel travel), so a small amount of discrepancy is likely.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.