Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    This is the exam thread for AQA A-Level Computer Science (NOT THE AS-Level. The thread for the AS-Level can be found HERE)

As the A-Level was only first examined in 2017 (I was the first year to sit it ), there aren't many specific resources. However, the papers and resources from the old specification can be re-used.

I'll link a few useful pages below. I have linked old specification papers (COMP1-COMP3) because they're still useful for the new A-Level specification.

I hope your projects are going well and I hope they're also finished or at least close to completion by now! Time's ticking folks!

Resources (Click):

New Specification Papers and Specimen Papers

COMP1 Papers (Old Specification)

COMP2 Papers (Old Specification)

COMP3 Papers (Old Specification)

Semi-complete WikiBooks page for the new specification

Videos by justAlevel

Make sure you familiarise yourself with the preliminary material. Your teacher should have distributed them by now. It was programmed in the OOP Paradigm last year for me so you better get used to it if you're used to procedural.

Be familiar with data structures and how to implement them in your programming language of choice.

Re-read the question!

Save the 2016/2017 and Specimen papers til last. They are as closest to the real thing so try and do the old-spec papers as revision first!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.