Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am currently in my third year of medicine and wanting to intercalate next year. I have had an offer for both a bmedsci to do with a and e waiting times and also a sports science degree at leeds university. As I wanted to be a sports doctor in the future, I was just wondering which of these degrees was best for me to take? With the BSc, I have heard that in order to get on the sports medicine registrar programme you need a masters in sports medicine anyway, so wondering whether it was worth doing both? any help would be greatly appreciated! With the bmedsci I thought it might be quite good to do some networking and sports research alongside the bmedsci, and to plan to do the masters when i graduate.
    From a confused medical student

Doesn't sports medicine only have like 12 posts for speciality training each year? https://specialtytraining.hee.nhs.uk...2017%20ST3.pdf

Talk to some spots medicine or rhumetaology consultants and ask them what you need to get in. If you don't choose the sports medicine BSc you could always do a part time sports medicine MSc after finishing your MBBS.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.