Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Self-funding for second degree watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am currently researching scholarships and educational grants in order to cover funding for a full time 4 year degree in Osteopathy. My first degree (in a different field) was financed by my employer at the time (not via the government), however I am not eligible to apply for a government loan because this will be my second degree. Can anyone offer any advice in self-funding for an undergraduate? I'm familiar with a PCDL, however its limited to £10,000 and a max course duration of 2 years.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by craig3000)
    Hi everyone,

I am currently researching scholarships and educational grants in order to cover funding for a full time 4 year degree in Osteopathy. My first degree (in a different field) was financed by my employer at the time (not via the government), however I am not eligible to apply for a government loan because this will be my second degree. Can anyone offer any advice in self-funding for an undergraduate? I'm familiar with a PCDL, however its limited to £10,000 and a max course duration of 2 years.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Hi Craig,

Unfortunately I'd be unable to offer advice on funding from other companies.

However, some courses that are allied health professions are exceptions and receive funding for a second degree. It is course specific so it may be worthwhile contacting the university you're going to study to check the course.

Kind regards,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have contacted National Careers Advice that was advised by the universities admission team, and they pointed me in a few directions. However, many scholarships and charitable funding only offer maximum funds of £2k. As I have no savings, I would need to apply for multiple scholarships in order to pay for the entire course (£37k). I'll do more digging and update the thread as and when I make more progress.

Cheers,
    Craig
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by craig3000)
    Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have contacted National Careers Advice that was advised by the universities admission team, and they pointed me in a few directions. However, many scholarships and charitable funding only offer maximum funds of £2k. As I have no savings, I would need to apply for multiple scholarships in order to pay for the entire course (£37k). I'll do more digging and update the thread as and when I make more progress.

Cheers,
    Craig
    You're very welcome, best of luck with this Craig.

John.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.