AQA AS Maths (Old Spec) - Pure Core 1 MPC1 *RESIT* - 16 May 2018 [Exam Discussion] Watch

Poll: How did you find the AQA C1 exam?
Amazing! :woo: (18)
20.93%
Good :H (26)
30.23%
Okay :bebored: (24)
27.91%
Bad :cry2: (13)
15.12%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@ (5)
5.81%
m1800
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gödel)
Probably be either high grade boundaries or difficult paper or both because everyone who's sitting it is resitting it, so have done A2 maths now.
(Original post by rafiali99)
Yeah and considering everyones doing A2 now I'm sure it'll be high.
(Original post by JJWood)
As others have said, I feel like they might be high as people have had 2 years to revise so will be better Hopefully not though!
(Original post by gödel)
It's to do with how everyone performs. If everyone does well then the grade boundaries will be high, which is likely to be the case as everyone as studied the A2 units now, some have also studied further maths A2 units as well.
and what about the people who only want an AS in maths, and are either resitting (without taking any A2 units) or taking the exam for the first time in this last available series. use your brains.
gödel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by m1800)
and what about the people who only want an AS in maths, and are either resitting (without taking any A2 units) or taking the exam for the first time in this last available series. use your brains.
Chill out hahahaha, it's just the case that the majority of people will probably be A2 students resitting core 1 as last year was quite tough. I'm not saying absolutely nobody will be sitting it just for the AS, but they will be in the minority. It's pretty likely that the grade boundaries this year will be higher than average of the past several years because of that.

You don't need to get angry about it
m1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
calm down mate, I'm as angry as you make me out to be.

(Original post by gödel)
Chill out hahahaha, it's just the case that the majority of people will probably be A2 students resitting core 1 as last year was quite tough. I'm not saying absolutely nobody will be sitting it just for the AS, but they will be in the minority. It's pretty likely that the grade boundaries this year will be higher than average of the past several years because of that.
what? yes you did lol

(Original post by gödel)
Probably be either high grade boundaries or difficult paper or both because everyone who's sitting it is resitting it, so have done A2 maths now.
struggling with memory loss, are we godel? get crackin with revision m8! with memory like yours I'd wonder how you'd even remember where you're sitting your exams!
anonlj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does anyone have any harder questions like the 2017 paper?? all the other past papers are too easy compared to it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
gödel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonlj)
does anyone have any harder questions like the 2017 paper?? all the other past papers are too easy compared to it
Yeah last year was much harder, the only hard papers I can really find are the IYGB papers, Solomon papers, and Gold papers but they're all edexcel - there's a lot of overlap though so they are helpful practice.

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...apers/c1-iygb/
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...e-silver-gold/
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...rs/c1-solomon/
MissJay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
2017 AQA paper attached
MissJay
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  Sheet 1.PNG
Views: 72
Size:  58.6 KB
MissJay
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  sheet 2.PNG
Views: 72
Size:  50.5 KB
MissJay
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  sheet 3.PNG
Views: 73
Size:  70.3 KB
MissJay
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  sheet 4.PNG
Views: 77
Size:  20.9 KB
EmmaAuditore
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would think that the grade boundaries will be lower. Remember there will be very few FP students sitting the exam and they are the ones that pull up the grade boundaries.
rafiali99
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EmmaAuditore)
I would think that the grade boundaries will be lower. Remember there will be very few FP students sitting the exam and they are the ones that pull up the grade boundaries.
That's true - BUT - the people resitting have had an extra year of doing maths and past papers in general so they'll be more experienced.
Let's just hope that the examiners decided to be nice this time round considering it's the last sitting
Nuttyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EmmaAuditore)
I'd think otherwise tbh, think about it. Every person who is sitting this test has finished maths to Core 4 level. So Core 1 is bound to be easy for them, especially with topics such as differentiation, integration, polynomials and surds.. That's basically all of core 1 lmao
BeccaSpillane
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nuttyy)
I'd think otherwise tbh, think about it. Every person who is sitting this test has finished maths to Core 4 level. So Core 1 is bound to be easy for them, especially with topics such as differentiation, integration, polynomials and surds.. That's basically all of core 1 lmao
gotta agree with this, best we can hope for is an easy paper but since they know everyone’s going to already be at a certain level its looking like its gunna be a tough one, theyve gotta find a way to split the best from the rest so to speak, cant do that if everyones getting top marks.
yemenia16
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guys predict the questions
m1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
and here is yet another idiot.

every person sitting this exam has NOT finished maths to core 4 level, as I've previously said, some may have not progressed to A2 and are still resitting or they are simply taking it for the first time in this last sitting (like myself, as I don't need 4 full A levels so am only aiming for an AS).
You guys also realize it's NEXT year that's the last resit available. No idea what sources you're getting these ridiculous ideas from.
Nuttyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by m1800)
and here is yet another idiot.

every person sitting this exam has NOT finished maths to core 4 level, as I've previously said, some may have not progressed to A2 and are still resitting or they are simply taking it for the first time in this last sitting (like myself, as I don't need 4 full A levels so am only aiming for an AS).
You guys also realize it's NEXT year that's the last resit available. No idea what sources you're getting these ridiculous ideas from.
The majoroty of colleges in England have stopped AS because its useless. Unis don't care about it anymore.

Btw why you so mad xD, man doesn't know his discriminants so wants to discriminate here hahahaha
m1800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The majoroty of colleges in England have stopped AS because its useless. Unis don't care about it anymore.

Btw why you so mad xD, man doesn't know his discriminants so wants to discriminate here hahahaha
love when people call ya mad/angry for pointing out they're talking absolute bs lol, then again what else can you say.

... Every person who is sitting this test has finished maths to Core 4 level ...
then to
... The majoroty ...
godel, is that you?!

also how are you gonna try and play on "discriminant" and "discriminate" when they're two entirely different words loool its cringe, stop.
as well, why you saying that if you're retaking core 1 and it's my first time? loooooooooooool just stop

yes I'm well aware most colleges/6th are of course learning the reformed, my point still stands
ljcrisp
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Today’s the day- good luck everyone!
Nuttyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by m1800)
godel, is that you?!

also how are you gonna try and play on "discriminant" and "discriminate" when they're two entirely different words loool its cringe, stop.
as well, why you saying that if you're retaking core 1 and it's my first time? loooooooooooool just stop

yes I'm well aware most colleges/6th are of course learning the reformed, my point still stands
Focus less on essays and more on circles ya cuck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (349)
30.59%
The paper was reasonable (458)
40.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (196)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
12.09%

Watched Threads