Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I took a job at a university so that I could study for my masters while working. The university sponsored me. I got good grades through all modules and have only my dissertation to complete. I had to leave the job for many reasons which would be unprofessional to go in to. Now I never see my dissertation supervisor he barely answers emails and I am struggling to find access to the primary data I need. I asked about ethical approval and I have received no reply. I am worried it is too late as only have 4 weeks left until deadline. I have a lot of negative feelings for this university now. Can I transfer the credits and pay to complete my dissertation at another university?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Ivy2018)
    I took a job at a university so that I could study for my masters while working. The university sponsored me. I got good grades through all modules and have only my dissertation to complete. I had to leave the job for many reasons which would be unprofessional to go in to. Now I never see my dissertation supervisor he barely answers emails and I am struggling to find access to the primary data I need. I asked about ethical approval and I have received no reply. I am worried it is too late as only have 4 weeks left until deadline. I have a lot of negative feelings for this university now. Can I transfer the credits and pay to complete my dissertation at another university?
    Thats all a bit confusing.

You have to find a uni who are willing to accept your credits i.e open university. This may not be so easy.

The other way is to consider making a complaint and asking for a new supervisor.

The first part of your post seems a bit unclear.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.