The Student Room Group

AQA AS Mathematics (Old Spec) - Decision 1 MD01 - 22 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

How did you find the 2018 AQA D1 exam?

Amazing! :woo: 18%
Good :H 47%
Okay :bebored: 18%
Bad :cry2: 18%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@0%
Total votes: 17

AQA A Level Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Decision 1
Date: Friday 22nd June 2018
Time: Morning
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Days to go?: It’s done! :woohoo:

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find the more recent papers here and the older ones here.

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. You can find the Decision 1 materials here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other AQA Exam Threads:
AQA A2 Decision 2 (MD02) - 26th June
AQA AS Further Pure 1 (MFP1) - 13th June
AQA A2 Further Pure 2 (MFP2) - 22rd June
AQA A2 Further Pure 3 (MFP3) - 16th May
AQA A2 Further Pure 4 (MFP4) - 23rd May
AQA AS Mechanics 1 (MM1B) - 19th June
AQA A2 Mechanics 2 (MM2B) - 25th June
AQA A2 Mechanics 3 (MM03) - 6th June
AQA AS Statistics 1 (MS1B) - 6th June
AQA A2 Statistics 2 (MS2B) - 19th June
AQA A2 Statistics 3 (MS03) - 25th June
AQA A2 Statistics 4 (MS04) - 26th June
AQA AS Core 1 (MPC1) - 16th May
AQA AS Core 2 (MPC2) - 23rd May
AQA A2 Core 3 (MPC3) - 13th June
AQA A2 Core 4 (MPC4) - 15th June
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have this paper please the 2017 one I can swap for c3 or C4 please guys!
Bumping ahead of next Friday. How is everybody taking D1 getting on with their revision? :h:
Reply 3
Original post by Evilstr99
Bumping ahead of next Friday. How is everybody taking D1 getting on with their revision? :h:

I've done literally zero D1 revision for at least a month, ****.
Original post by mk.tt
I've done literally zero D1 revision for at least a month, ****.

Me neither, I don’t think I’ve done any other D1 revision save doing several past papers back in April. But fortunately I have Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to revise. What about you? :smile:
Me neither, I don’t think I’ve done any other D1 revision save doing several past papers back in April. But fortunately I have Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to revise. What about you? :smile:

Thinking of watching Jack Brown's playlist again then doing all the past papers. What do you think?
Original post by peanotto
Thinking of watching Jack Brown's playlist again then doing all the past papers. What do you think?

I'd say that's the best way to revise for D1! :yep:
Jack Brown is a brilliant Youtuber and teacher, he would be the place to go if you want to revise or get the grasp of a topic you're not entirely sure about. Past Papers are also a good way to apply your knowledge and understanding of the course. I'll be doing the same as well! :youbetcha:

Good luck!
Best way to get 90+ ums on this paper? Any tips?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by MajorFader
Best way to get 90+ ums on this pape? Any tips?

seeing u everywhere πŸ˜‚
Original post by mrz4073
seeing u everywhere πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚ lol
πŸ˜‚ lol

Is D1 ur last exam? And how was economics paper 3 for u 😍
Original post by mrz4073
Is D1 ur last exam? And how was economics paper 3 for u 😍

D1 is my last exam yeah. Economics paper 3 was great actually, better than I expected. Unlike C4 😩😩. I need to smash this so I can fully guarantee my A for maths.

Wbu? How did you find it?
D1 is my last exam yeah. Economics paper 3 was great actually, better than I expected. Unlike C4 😩😩. I need to smash this so I can fully guarantee my A for maths.

Wbu? How did you find it?

Paper 3 was caaaaalm except that on the oligopoly question I ran out of time so I could only write 1 sentence for my evaluation lol
C4.. FAMM was it just me or as you were doing the paper each question kept becoming more and more lengthy?? Like there were some questions I was gonna back to but literally had no time at all! Hopefully minimum B.

Mon-Thu banging D1 so I can get A overall. Good luck !
Original post by mrz4073
seeing u everywhere πŸ˜‚

Ahahha same swear he sits all the same exams as me
Not sure about anyone else in this forum but I literally having even touched D1 yet ahhaha

Does anyone know the most challenging topics on this spec which probably take the longest to understand so I can revise them first?
Original post by _Taylor275
Not sure about anyone else in this forum but I literally having even touched D1 yet ahhaha

Does anyone know the most challenging topics on this spec which probably take the longest to understand so I can revise them first?

Saaame bro. Haven’t touched D1 since like April

I think Chinese postman, nearest neighbour and shell sort
Original post by mrz4073
Saaame bro. Haven’t touched D1 since like April

I think Chinese postman, nearest neighbour and shell sort

Yeah I'll have to look at them when I get back from work, you do ocr economics and aqa accounting aswell don't u???
Yeah I'll have to look at them when I get back from work, you do ocr economics and aqa accounting aswell don't u???

Nahh ocr economics and AQA Computer Science (biggest regret of my life taking this subject)

literally me. D1 is just awful and I can't be bothered. tbh, there's no chance I'll get an A for my alevel now because I did so bad in c3 and C4, so I'll just do a few past papers and accept that I have a B in amths alevel
[QUOTE="mrz4073;78404700"]Nahh ocr economics and AQA Computer Science (biggest regret of my life taking this

Original post by mrz4073
Nahh ocr economics and AQA Computer Science (biggest regret of my life taking this subject)

Yeah I dropped computer science I hated it, how did u find the 3 papers for economics?

Quick Reply

Latest