Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How is the social life at Birkbeck? societies and clubs etc. would i be able to go to other universities as its part of university of london to chill and maybe join their societies etc??

I`m really worried about this aspect of going to birkbeck uni because i dont want to be a loner lol but i also want to enjoy my time their after studying for ages. im a school leaver btw not mature student

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Nozzle16)
    How is the social life at Birkbeck? societies and clubs etc. would i be able to go to other universities as its part of university of london to chill and maybe join their societies etc??

I`m really worried about this aspect of going to birkbeck uni because i dont want to be a loner lol but i also want to enjoy my time their after studying for ages. im a school leaver btw not mature student

Thanks
    Uni is not prison so yes you can go to other places in London. You can find students here.

ReputationRep:
    Uni is not the only place to meet people! If you're a girl I know a great fb group with active members who go out on daily basis (gigs, parties, coffee, lunch, any kinds of events or even travel together). Anyway, from what I read about Birkbeck the social life is very limited but exists - you just need to meet people who go out after classes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulaxw)
    Uni is not the only place to meet people! If you're a girl I know a great fb group with active members who go out on daily basis (gigs, parties, coffee, lunch, any kinds of events or even travel together). Anyway, from what I read about Birkbeck the social life is very limited but exists - you just need to meet people who go out after classes
    That sounds great! I'm starting on October so that will be helpful. I was just thinking that there will probably be people who work in the morning etc so would nt really want to hang out so I'm a bit like :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nozzle16)
    That sounds great! I'm starting on October so that will be helpful. I was just thinking that there will probably be people who work in the morning etc so would nt really want to hang out so I'm a bit like :/
    There are always people who want to go out, even after a day at work/uni so don’t worry!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulaxw)
    There are always people who want to go out, even after a day at work/uni so don’t worry!
    Thanks for the reassurance!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sun, 14 Oct '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.