Turn on thread page Beta

How old should a teenager be to star dating? watch

ReputationRep:
    Not for myself necessarily, just wondering what you guys think. Personally I reckon a mature 16 year old can start dating but no earlier. Is that an uptight view? What do you guys think should be a good dating age?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    15 or 16 :yep:
    Anything before that is a bit silly tbh and any relationships will breaks down pretty quickly (in most circumstances)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purplemonkeys)
    Not for myself necessarily, just wondering what you guys think. Personally I reckon a mature 16 year old can start dating but no earlier. Is that an uptight view? What do you guys think should be a good dating age?
    35 is just about acceptable if I were a parent.

16 sounds about right, but I've seen 14 year olds get into serious relationships lol. But to have a serious relationship, I would say 19-22 would be best, you're a lot more mature and older

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd say around 16 but most relationships around that age aren't serious so I wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    My nephew has already started and he's not even in secondary school yet

I think I had a gf for like a week when I was in infant school lol

I don't think any age is too young to start [as long as no sex involved]

ReputationRep:
    16 honestly. Anything younger and it won't last anyways. Then again I know a couple who started dating in Year 8 and are still together (Year 13 now)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Yeah, I'd say around 16 but most relationships around that age aren't serious so I wouldn't worry
    Yeah, I mean you get people who have had their first kiss in year 4, and people losing their virginity in year 7 which is crazy and silly. At 16 you're mature enough to make a decision about who to date and to not be gullible when it comes to love I think.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I mean you get people who have had their first kiss in year 4, and people losing their virginity in year 7 which is crazy and silly. At 16 you're mature enough to make a decision about who to date and to not be gullible when it comes to love I think.
    I agree. I think it's sad there's so much peer pressure on kids to have their first kiss, a relationship or even sex at such a young age.

Well I won;t be alone as I am gay and there are plenty of thirsty young fitsos for me to have sex with!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.