Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A2 Mathematics (Old Spec) - Mechanics 3 MM03 - 06 June 2018 [Exam Discussion] watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

AQA A Level Maths Discussion Thread - 2018 Edition

Hey guys, I thought I'd make this niiiiiice and early so we can all share how we're preparing for our Maths exams this year?

Mechanics 3
    Date: Wednesday 6th June 2018
    Time: Morning
    Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
    Days to go?: 31

Probably the most important way to prepare for maths is to do plenty of past papers! You can find the more recent papers here and the older ones here.

Also, Physics & Maths Tutor has some good resources for revision - everything from revision notes to questions on specific topics. You can find the Mechanics 3 materials here.

Good luck with the preparations everyone, let the countdown commence!

Other AQA Exam Threads:
    AQA AS Decision 1 (MD01) - 22nd June
    AQA A2 Decision 2 (MD02) - 26th June
    AQA AS Further Pure 1 (MFP1) - 13th June
    AQA A2 Further Pure 2 (MFP2) - 22rd June
    AQA A2 Further Pure 3 (MFP3) - 16th May
    AQA A2 Further Pure 4 (MFP4) - 23rd May
    AQA AS Mechanics 1 (MM1B) - 19th June
    AQA A2 Mechanics 2 (MM2B) - 25th June
    AQA AS Statistics 1 (MS1B) - 6th June
    AQA A2 Statistics 2 (MS2B) - 19th June
    AQA A2 Statistics 3 (MS03) - 25th June
    AQA A2 Statistics 4 (MS04) - 26th June
    AQA AS Core 1 (MPC1) - 16th May
    AQA AS Core 2 (MPC2) - 23rd May
    AQA A2 Core 3 (MPC3) - 13th June
    AQA A2 Core 4 (MPC4) - 15th June

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing this exam?

ReputationRep:
    aPPARENTLY NOT

ReputationRep:
    whom is relative motion ???

ReputationRep:
    can anyone actually do relative motion... I get fed up with it so just gona wing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by levi ackerman)
    whom is relative motion ???
    (Original post by fperry)
    can anyone actually do relative motion... I get fed up with it so just gona wing it
    nope lol i cant rly do m3 at all

imagine they give us a paper like the 2016 one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppdtg)
    nope lol i cant rly do m3 at all

imagine they give us a paper like the 2016 one...
    jesus i hope not !!

whenever i go through a relative motion q from a past paper i'm like "yeah this isn't so bad actually, this makes perfect sense" and then i'll try the next paper and my mind goes totally blank !

out of interest, are you guys self teaching M3 or did you have timetabled lessons?

ReputationRep:
    jesus i hope not !!

whenever i go through a relative motion q from a past paper i'm like "yeah this isn't so bad actually, this makes perfect sense" and then i'll try the next paper and my mind goes totally blank !

out of interest, are you guys self teaching M3 or did you have timetabled lessons?
    yeah im hoping its an easy relative motion question... i make dumb mistakes all over the paper smh

i had timetabled lessons for m3, wby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppdtg)
    yeah im hoping its an easy relative motion question... i make dumb mistakes all over the paper smh

i had timetabled lessons for m3, wby?
    ah nice, no i'm the only person in my year sitting the exam so i've had to self teach p much the whole course rip me haha

ReputationRep:
    ah nice, no i'm the only person in my year sitting the exam so i've had to self teach p much the whole course rip me haha
    lol twins im also the only person in my year doing the exam!! what did you use to teach yourself?

how prepared are you for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppdtg)
    lol twins im also the only person in my year doing the exam!! what did you use to teach yourself?

how prepared are you for tomorrow?
    mostly past papers, really

i feel maybe 65% prepared? i haven't looked at M3 for a few days bc of other exams so i feel like i've forgotten everything!

ReputationRep:
    mostly past papers, really

i feel maybe 65% prepared? i haven't looked at M3 for a few days bc of other exams so i feel like i've forgotten everything!
    same tbh im not fully prepared at all fml, i kinda regret leaving it all so late lol... if the exam isn't deathly we could try to make some sort of an unofficial mark scheme?? im prob gon fail tho so rip

what other modules are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppdtg)
    same tbh im not fully prepared at all fml, i kinda regret leaving it all so late lol...
    100% agree! i didn't really start properly preparing until about a month ago haha i hate myself

(Original post by ppdtg)
    if the exam isn't deathly we could try to make some sort of an unofficial mark scheme??
    hahhahahaahaha good one

(Original post by ppdtg)
    what other modules are you taking?
    C3, C4, S2, M2 and FP2. Pretty standard i guess. (should've done D2 instead lmao)

ReputationRep:
    100% agree! i didn't really start properly preparing until about a month ago haha i hate myself
    hahhahahaahaha good one
    C3, C4, S2, M2 and FP2. Pretty standard i guess. (should've done D2 instead lmao)
    lol dw i hate myself too !!!

lucky you didnd't take fp3 lol i think i died after that exam it went so badly, i'm taking the rest too, along with s1, d1, and fp1
    decision is soooo boring tho

defo haven't revised enough rippPpP

ReputationRep:
    Just “did” the 2016 paper, and if that sort of rel-velocity stuff comes up I’m going to fashion a noose during the paper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricdave)
    Just “did” the 2016 paper, and if that sort of rel-velocity stuff comes up I’m going to fashion a noose during the paper...
    lol ikr that paper was genuinely something else, if it's anything like that im getting a big U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppdtg)
    lol ikr that paper was genuinely something else, if it's anything like that im getting a big U
    I may force AQA into making negative scores possible 😂

ReputationRep:
    absolutely praying that this is nice tomorrow, I'm abs screwed ahahahah. I do 13 modules so one of them won't count towards my final maths/ f maths grade and I'm 99% sure it'll be this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pennytown6)
    absolutely praying that this is nice tomorrow, I'm abs screwed ahahahah. I do 13 modules so one of them won't count towards my final maths/ f maths grade and I'm 99% sure it'll be this
    13?!? We are doing 7 and one doesn’t count!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pennytown6)
    (Original post by Ricdave)
    13?!? We are doing 7 and one doesn’t count!!
    help me ALL OF MINE COUNT

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.