Turn on thread page Beta

How to know the difference between friends and flirting? watch

Announcements

So I’ve been really good mates with this boy (I’m 16 btw) for over a year, and we actually ‘got off’ at a party which was what started our friendship. However, recently I’ve discovered strong feelings for him, as in Im always thinking about him and when talking to him it makes me smile. However, he has quite a flirtatious personality, so I’m not sure whether it’s just him or if he likes me back. However I do feel it’s kind of different with our situation than anyone else cause we kinda both have ‘that smile’ when talking to one another but I think we are both afraid to say anything just incase, and I don’t want to tell any of my friends incase they tell him and the whole situation is ruined. How do I go about this??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well the best advice I can give you is hanging out with him outside of school, like going on a date of some sort and see if he makes a move on you

(Original post by alicesmiloves)
    Well the best advice I can give you is hanging out with him outside of school, like going on a date of some sort and see if he makes a move on you
    How could I ask him without it seeming like I like him? I’m scared because what if we ruin our great friendship by going out?? I’ve heard it happens alot
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well, do you think he's mature enough to handle it? Are you guys fairly close? If you are, letting him know that you like him, even if he ends up not feeling the same way shouldn't affect the friendship if you don't want it to.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How could I ask him without it seeming like I like him? I’m scared because what if we ruin our great friendship by going out?? I’ve heard it happens alot
    If you feel uncomfortable just hanging out with him, try going out in a group of friends instead, maybe to the movies, or anywhere else you guys want to go. That way you guys are still hanging out as friends, plus when you hangout in a group, usually one person tends to lean towards another person, if you guys are close it could lead him to hanging out with you more even if you guys are in a group. That would be one way you could tell if he is really into you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry, my reply was posted as anonymously lol it should appear on the thread shortly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.