The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's Disrepute

Hi.

Need help!!!.

I said something wrong on Facebook about Sainbury's & there new no paid breaks & no bonus rule & pay increase. I accidentally said Fxck Sainsbury's on it,I was angry at the lack of communication between the store & colleagues & lashed out. I immediately removed it but someone must of seen it as now im suspended. What do you think they will say in the meeting on Saturday?. I'm on my final warning. I don't know what they will do. Could they reissue the final warning to finish next march/April?. I just want a chance!!. Help me!!!.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ah dude that sucks I know how you feel I work there too, hopefully not too serious. :frown:
How long was it up for?
Is it clear you work for Sainsburys on your FB page?
Original post by Weeman1988
I just want a chance!!. Help me!!!.

The whole point of a warning system is to give people chances, and if you're on your final warning then you've obviously had a couple of chances already.

If you've been suspended pending your meeting then I would guess you'll be getting the axe unfortunately, odds are if they were just going to tell you off they'd have done it without the formality of a suspension. Keep your fingers and toes crossed and hope you've got someone lenient in the management chain.
Reply 4
Original post by Stevyh14
ah dude that sucks I know how you feel I work there too, hopefully not too serious. :frown:

It sure does mate. Glad you know how I feel working there too. I need the job. Not for the wages alone as I've got a new baby at 3 months old but also for my own confidence,self worth,self respect & time to take mind off life & everything. I honestly doubt they will listen to my side tbh,only to write it down for the sheer formality of having to do it.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
How long was it up for?
Is it clear you work for Sainsburys on your FB page?

No more than an hour,honestly I regret it & understand that it's taken out of context but I honestly doubt they will listen & not strike me off. Don't feel like going to the meeting but I will to see what they say. Yes,it's on my Facebook that I work there sadly.
No more than an hour,honestly I regret it & understand that it's taken out of context but I honestly doubt they will listen & not strike me off. Don't feel like going to the meeting but I will to see what they say. Yes,it's on my Facebook that I work there sadly.

Just be contrite and point out you did take it down without prompting almost immediately. Do you know who dobbed you in?
It could o either way and rbh they will almost certainly have made their mind up anyway imo. Do you have any reps who you can take to the meeting?
Reply 7
Yes,I understand that that's the point of it but that was different thing's completely. I didn't mean what I said in the way it seemed at all, I took it down in case it was taken in the wrong context,which it was in the end!.

Great,I hope not!. It just makes me angry & gets me so upset. It's like I'm being ignored. I honestly think they'll not listen,just writing it down & responding for the sake of it. I was hoping they would just reissue the final warning. I deleted it & everything. True but maybe they have to because of the severity of the case & the fact I'm on a final warning. I really hope they see I can do better & didn't mean it. Yeah I am doing. Will let here know how it went. I'm hoping the guy doing the meeting has a heart & helps!.
You're on your final warning yet still slated the company you work for? You need to think of your 3 month old child a bit more before you make decisions like this.
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
Just be contrite and point out you did take it down without prompting almost immediately. Do you know who dobbed you in?
It could o either way and rbh they will almost certainly have made their mind up anyway imo. Do you have any reps who you can take to the meeting?

I see what you're saying,I will be calm & tell them that. It should go in my favour. Not a clue. Lot of lick arsers in my store tbqh. Sadly. Even worse now they're about to strike people off. Could be anyone.

Yeah it could. I'm hoping my way but seriously doubting it. Yeah I bet they have too,you're not wrong there. Ermm,one who used to be on the panel. Stupidly didn't join the union so sadly can't get proper help. Unite leader in my store said we can't help, people join to sort there case then leave. My idea would be let them join then say you can't leave for at least 4 months or something but make the monthly fee slightly less for them & a big leaving fee to stop them leaving.
Reply 10
Original post by DrawTheLine
You're on your final warning yet still slated the company you work for? You need to think of your 3 month old child a bit more before you make decisions like this.

I didn't slate in a complete sense,I just said something wrong with them in context. Simply because I was angry at the lack of communication amongst the company & departments. Not even getting information on the unions in inductions & everything. I know I do,bit late now though isn't it. Just got to see if they understand that & have a heart.
Hi.

Need help!!!.

I said something wrong on Facebook about Sainbury's & there new no paid breaks & no bonus rule & pay increase. I accidentally said Fxck Sainsbury's on it,I was angry at the lack of communication between the store & colleagues & lashed out. I immediately removed it but someone must of seen it as now im suspended. What do you think they will say in the meeting on Saturday?. I'm on my final warning. I don't know what they will do. Could they reissue the final warning to finish next march/April?. I just want a chance!!. Help me!!!.

One of the first things you normally get told when you start a job is to not negatively talk about the company on social media, especially if it's clear on your profile that you work there (it's usually stated in your contract as well). If you're already on your final warning then you've clearly done a few things wrong in the past (as you usually get a verbal warning, then a first written warning, then a second or third/final written warning depending on the company). Why did you not reflect on what you did when you received those warnings and realise you should be on your best behaviour?

They have given you many chances and you've thrown them back in their faces. You should have been especially mindful about your conduct as you've got a baby to support. They have no reason to keep you on when you've brought their name into disrepute for who knows how many people to see online. Prepare for the worst because it's going to happen, you'll be sacked. You say you hope the guy in the meeting has a heart (there will be more than one person there for witness reasons), the people there clearly do as they've given you multiple chances before when you've messed up. Part of being an adult is to deal with things maturely even if you don't want to, not swear about your employer on the internet.
(edited 6 years ago)
I didn't slate in a complete sense,I just said something wrong with them in context. Simply because I was angry at the lack of communication amongst the company & departments. Not even getting information on the unions in inductions & everything. I know I do,bit late now though isn't it. Just got to see if they understand that & have a heart.

You've already had chances already and are on your final warning. It's not like this is a one time thing, clearly you've been doing things wrong for a while. Why would they give you another chance when you'll probably just do something else again? You're not learning your lesson.
Reply 13
Original post by Glassapple
One of the first things you normally get told when you start a job is to not negatively talk about the company on social media, especially if it's clear on your profile that you work there (it's usually stated in your contract as well). If you're already on your final warning then you've clearly done a few things wrong in the past (as you usually get a verbal warning, then a first written warning, then a second or third/final written warning depending on the company). Why did you not reflect on what you did when you received those warnings and realise you should be on your best behaviour?

They have given you many chances and you've thrown them back in their faces. You should have been especially mindful about your conduct as you've got a baby to support. They have no reason to keep you on when you've brought their name into disrepute for who knows how many people to see online. Prepare for the worst because it's going to happen.

Yeah you'd think so but non of that was mentioned in the induction. There was no union rep,no help of thing's & no support. I got a final warning from accidentally breaking a window with trolleys. Different thing's wrong. I have been behaving. I didn't change my profile. The girlfriend did & I Forgot to take it off. I don't usually leave it on where I work. I did reflect & behaved. This isn't a reflection of how I've been whilst working. This is words twisted because it's mentioned there name. Which I took down.

I haven't been given that many chances. Ever thought that they like to watch me & see anything I might do wrong?. Coming down on me more than others for whatever reason. I admit I've done wrong but not enough to warrant losing a job!. Yeah I know that but it was taken out of context & I removed it almost straightaway. True but it's a bit late now isn't it. Might as well just not go to the meeting if they're intent on just sacking me..might as well tell me there & save me the time & bother. Yes I know. I noticed that.
Reply 14
You've already had chances already and are on your final warning. It's not like this is a one time thing, clearly you've been doing things wrong for a while. Why would they give you another chance when you'll probably just do something else again? You're not learning your lesson.

Different thing's wrong though!. Doesn't mean I'm that bad. Procedure was they had to give me a warning. I've learnt my lesson,I've done everything I can at work & doing so well. Just a small bad comment taken out of context & blown out of proportion. Especially when it's removed & wasn't up long at all. I won't do anything wrong. They should see that. I have got a family to look after.
Yes,I understand that that's the point of it but that was different thing's completely. I didn't mean what I said in the way it seemed at all, I took it down in case it was taken in the wrong context,which it was in the end!.

Great,I hope not!. It just makes me angry & gets me so upset. It's like I'm being ignored. I honestly think they'll not listen,just writing it down & responding for the sake of it. I was hoping they would just reissue the final warning. I deleted it & everything. True but maybe they have to because of the severity of the case & the fact I'm on a final warning. I really hope they see I can do better & didn't mean it. Yeah I am doing. Will let here know how it went. I'm hoping the guy doing the meeting has a heart & helps!.

As an ex sainos employee I know they get a right bee in their bonnet about social media conduct and how clear they make that when you start working for them, so if you do escape a sacking I'd consider yourself very lucky. It doesn't matter that you took it down after, it had already been seen by the wrong people and that's what is important here.
Different thing's wrong though!. Doesn't mean I'm that bad. Procedure was they had to give me a warning. I've learnt my lesson,I've done everything I can at work & doing so well. Just a small bad comment taken out of context & blown out of proportion. Especially when it's removed & wasn't up long at all. I won't do anything wrong. They should see that. I have got a family to look after.

Doesn't matter how quickly you removed it. You posted something that has damaged the reputation of the company. You're on your final warning. You've had all your chances. You should have thought about your family before you posted it, and before you did whatever else you did to be on your final warning. You say you won't do anything wrong but you're on your last chance so you've done stuff wrong in the past and have now done this. You haven't learned your lesson. The company is not gaining anything by keeping an employee who doesn't respect them.
Reply 17
Well least I know how you feel & you understand. I see what you mean. I never realised how serious they take it & everything. We was never told that. Hence no union reps either. Irony is Unite are against the wage increase because of job losses. So it'd be funny & ironic to have them represent me if they could haha. I doubt I'll escape it tbh. Sadly. True but to me that matters that it's removed. It wouldn't affect precious profits of there's to see all of 1 bad comment that's removed fairly quickly.
Not much you can do rather than hope for the best, and think before posting anything on social media.
Reply 19
Doesn't matter how quickly you removed it. You posted something that has damaged the reputation of the company. You're on your final warning. You've had all your chances. You should have thought about your family before you posted it, and before you did whatever else you did to be on your final warning. You say you won't do anything wrong but you're on your last chance so you've done stuff wrong in the past and have now done this. You haven't learned your lesson. The company is not gaining anything by keeping an employee who doesn't respect them.

How doesn't it matter?. Nobody sees it when it's not there!. Oh dear. 1 bad out of context comment will affect the reputation & billionaires profit's (!) I highly doubt it. All my chances. That's for different thing's entirely & not related at all & I've done & continue doing everything right in the company in-store. What more do they expect of me. I'm just trying to do well & provide for my family. Yes, wrong as in accidents that cannot happen again. I have learned my lesson, I didn't do anything wrong in my eyes,just said something that was taken out of context. That's nowhere near as bad as what other people do yet they get kept on. I respect them. I'm always telling people how good they are & everything. I'd of left before if I didn't respect them.

So much for support 'ey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending