The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's Disrepute

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Weeman1988
How doesn't it matter?. Nobody sees it when it's not there!. Oh dear. 1 bad out of context comment will affect the reputation & billionaires profit's (!) I highly doubt it. All my chances. That's for different thing's entirely & not related at all & I've done & continue doing everything right in the company in-store. What more do they expect of me. I'm just trying to do well & provide for my family. Yes, wrong as in accidents that cannot happen again. I have learned my lesson, I didn't do anything wrong in my eyes,just said something that was taken out of context. That's nowhere near as bad as what other people do yet they get kept on. I respect them. I'm always telling people how good they are & everything. I'd of left before if I didn't respect them.

So much for support 'ey.

Because you still posted it. It's there forever whether you delete it or not. Next time don't even get on your first warning if you really want to keep a job for a good length of time.
Well you clearly haven’t learned your lesson as you are on your final warning and have done something wrong again.
It sure does mate. Glad you know how I feel working there too. I need the job. Not for the wages alone as I've got a new baby at 3 months old but also for my own confidence,self worth,self respect & time to take mind off life & everything. I honestly doubt they will listen to my side tbh,only to write it down for the sheer formality of having to do it.

Honestly they're probably right to sack you cos after doing these things wrong you'e still making excuses and acting like they owe you a job cos you have a child. That's not how the world works. It is your responsibility to act correctly.
Reply 23
Original post by Andrew97
Well you clearly haven’t learned your lesson as you are on your final warning and have done something wrong again.

i have learned my lesson. I haven't done anything wrong in my eyes. It's blown out of proportion & makes me feel awful!!!.
(edited 6 years ago)
i have learned my lesson. I haven't done anything wrong in my eyes. It's blown out of proportion & makes me feel awful!!!.

So saying f*** your employer on a public forum is doing nothing wrong is it? I beg to differ.
Reply 25
Original post by doodle_333
Honestly they're probably right to sack you cos after doing these things wrong you'e still making excuses and acting like they owe you a job cos you have a child. That's not how the world works. It is your responsibility to act correctly.

There's no right!!. I'm not making excuses. It's not wrong. They just see it like that cos of the easily offended people & opinions are taken so seriously like it's an offensive comment now. It's just ridiculous. I'm not saying they owe me a job but a chance to prove my innocence wouldn't go amiss would it!!. I did. It was just worded poorly that's all. An act correctly?. It would be nice if I didn't find thing's out a week before it happens...
Yeah you'd think so but non of that was mentioned in the induction. There was no union rep,no help of thing's & no support. I got a final warning from accidentally breaking a window with trolleys. Different thing's wrong. I have been behaving. I didn't change my profile. The girlfriend did & I Forgot to take it off. I don't usually leave it on where I work. I did reflect & behaved. This isn't a reflection of how I've been whilst working. This is words twisted because it's mentioned there name. Which I took down.

I haven't been given that many chances. Ever thought that they like to watch me & see anything I might do wrong?. Coming down on me more than others for whatever reason. I admit I've done wrong but not enough to warrant losing a job!. Yeah I know that but it was taken out of context & I removed it almost straightaway. True but it's a bit late now isn't it. Might as well just not go to the meeting if they're intent on just sacking me..might as well tell me there & save me the time & bother. Yes I know. I noticed that.

Even if they didn't tell you about not slating the company on social media (which is hard to believe), it really is common sense to not post anything bad online about the people who pay for your life. It doesn't matter that you took it down, it was obviously seen by someone, hence your suspension. You don't know if the person who saw it showed someone else who then showed more people etc. in the short space of time before you removed it.

To be on a final written warning means this is your third or fourth chance. You should still go to the meeting because you might be able to negotiate a basic reference from them, just stating the dates of your employment. If you don't go they either won't give you a reference or will give you a bad one (both of which are perfectly legal to do, despite common misconceptions), making finding a new job a lot harder.
Reply 27
Original post by Andrew97
So saying f*** your employer on a public forum is doing nothing wrong is it? I beg to differ.

I meant as in their rules & way they do thing's!. Not directed at them personally even with the name in the comment. I was angry & lashed out. I'm extremely sorry & remorseful an I deeply regret saying it. Unlike a judge & jury that stands for nothing & they see beyond anything I will say or point out. They've made a decision & that's that. I will just try my best to fight it & reach out to their good side.
I meant as in their rules & way they do thing's!. Not directed at them personally even with the name in the comment. I was angry & lashed out. I'm extremely sorry & remorseful an I deeply regret saying it. Unlike a judge & jury that stands for nothing & they see beyond anything I will say or point out. They've made a decision & that's that. I will just try my best to fight it & reach out to their good side.

Every single company in the country would suspend you for swearing about them online, not just Sainsbury's. You need to realise how serious this is before applying for another job.
Reply 29
Original post by Glassapple
Every single company in the country would suspend you for swearing about them online, not just Sainsbury's. You need to realise how serious this is before applying for another job.

Wow you don't say!. Would you like a cape to go with your captain obvious t-shirt.

hardly. I need a job!. Not exactly gonna sit here & do nothing am I. Reflecting on the seriousness of this doesn't pay the bills. Suspension is full pay granted but I'm presuming they're sacking me so going to keep applying for jobs. Will still go to the meeting for the sake of it though, might as well fight my case whilst I'm paid for the suspension.
Reply 30
Original post by Glassapple
Even if they didn't tell you about not slating the company on social media (which is hard to believe), it really is common sense to not post anything bad online about the people who pay for your life. It doesn't matter that you took it down, it was obviously seen by someone, hence your suspension. You don't know if the person who saw it showed someone else who then showed more people etc. in the short space of time before you removed it.

To be on a final written warning means this is your third or fourth chance. You should still go to the meeting because you might be able to negotiate a basic reference from them, just stating the dates of your employment. If you don't go they either won't give you a reference or will give you a bad one (both of which are perfectly legal to do, despite common misconceptions), making finding a new job a lot harder.

Might be hard to believe but it's true. Yeah but like I said, they're failing in simple thing's too so it's understandable where my frustration came from. They might pay me but not my life. Yeah I understand my suspension but doesn't mean it should be brushed aside that I took it down. True but wasn't up that long. Not long enough to show tons of people anyway. I suppose but 2 of them was for accidents that had to be a warning. I just hope they manager can see where I'm coming from & see how much I regret it & everything. Pfftt, I doubt a reference. I got a job with seriously old jobs on my CV so doubt a reference will do that good haha. Only job in what 10 years. Most on my CV was fabricated anyway. Just give up!. They send it for disciplinary I leave there & then!. Pfftt,legal for a bad reference, seriously. Aha. If you knew a place would do that you'd state not going to them for one at all. Obviously haha. I suppose, can only apply so many times till somewhere gives in aha.
There's no right!!. I'm not making excuses. It's not wrong. They just see it like that cos of the easily offended people & opinions are taken so seriously like it's an offensive comment now. It's just ridiculous. I'm not saying they owe me a job but a chance to prove my innocence wouldn't go amiss would it!!. I did. It was just worded poorly that's all. An act correctly?. It would be nice if I didn't find thing's out a week before it happens...

Saying **** your employer on social media is very offensive and people get fired for nothing about their employer online all the time. Everyone knows that. You'e not innocent, you wrote it. There's nothing to prove. If your employer dies something unethical there are proper channels to voice your anger. Those channels are not Facebook.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending