Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are your views on make up? How much do you wear? Personally I wear lipstick and mascara when going out somewhere special, on Halloween or as a confidence thing occasional on non-uniform days. I don't believe in wearing loads but if you enjoy it I'm not dissing you or degrading your opinion, if so how much and Why, if not why not? Not judging. 😀
    Purple monkeys
    X

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm the same. Only wear make up when I've broken out with loads of spots. I don't this hiding who you truly are and hiding your real skin is necessary. I don't wear it to impress, not all boys actually like girls wearing make up so I just go as I am. Ever since my skin cleared up after acne I've felt more comfortable with going without make-up
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I like it. I only really wear a full face when I'm at work which is primer, foundation, powder, mascara, some brow stuff and maybe some lipstick. Otherwise I generally don't wear any, or sometimes just concealer, powder and mascara. I just can't be bothered most days.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I wear mascara, highlight, and lipstick almost every day, because it's barely any effort and I wear bright lipstick so it distracts from the rest of my face

ReputationRep:
    most days I wear none. If i've got an interview or date I go for subtle - foundation, mascara and some lipstick or lipgloss. parties, nights out or just a day where i feel like giving myself a make over I go all out, the normal kim k makeover with contour and highlighter etc although i still need to master it because i tend to end up looking like a tran*y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yungaheartz)
    most days I wear none. If i've got an interview or date I go for subtle - foundation, mascara and some lipstick or lipgloss. parties, nights out or just a day where i feel like giving myself a make over I go all out, the normal kim k makeover with contour and highlighter etc although i still need to master it because i tend to end up looking like a tran*y
    I never have got what contour and highlight are? Some girls buy make up when they go out. I buy books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieRose333)
    I wear mascara, highlight, and lipstick almost every day, because it's barely any effort and I wear bright lipstick so it distracts from the rest of my face
    Aw, bet you're natural pretty.

ReputationRep:
    I wear quite a lot. Even if I can't be fussed with a full face that day I still go for eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. I like that it makes me look closer to my real age. I'm almost 26 and get mistaken for a teenager when I go bare-faced and cover my tats. :grumble:

I can take it or leave it though. I'll prioritise an extra 30 minutes of sleep in the morning over make-up if I'm tired and I don't feel any less confident without it.

(Original post by Purplemonkeys)
    Some girls buy make up when they go out. I buy books.
    I buy both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purplemonkeys)
    I never have got what contour and highlight are? Some girls buy make up when they go out. I buy books.
    contour helps sculpt the face
    highlighter gives you that glimmer and shine

I buy books too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yungaheartz)
    contour helps sculpt the face
    highlighter gives you that glimmer and shine

I buy books too
    😀😀

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the more natural look and actually find the over made up look unattractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 403Forbidden)
    I prefer the more natural look and actually find the over made up look unattractive
    Same here, it just looks fake for some people tbh but to those who put on loads not insulting you, just stating my opinion.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Makeup is my favourite thing. I wear anything from bright yellow/orange/pink eyeshadow to more natural looks. But mostly I do something colourful as I use it to express myself :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Makeup is my favourite thing. I wear anything from bright yellow/orange/pink eyeshadow to more natural looks. But mostly I do something colourful as I use it to express myself :lol:
    is that because you work in the circus you ass clown?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by starfabsmells)
    is that because you work in the circus you ass clown?
    Yes I am a clown do you have a problem with my career choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Yes I am a clown do you have a problem with my career choice?
    You are a fail of a clown. All the other clowns are embarrassed because of you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by starfabsmells)
    You are a fail of a clown. All the other clowns are embarrassed because of you.
    Ouch. I'm sorry I embarrass you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moved to Fashion and Beauty

I wear minimal makeup for school, mostly just concealer, brow pencil and some mascara - sometimes i just can't be bothered though
    It just makes me feel more confident :yes:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I wear winged eyeliner and brow pomade every day, then add lipstick if I particularly feel like it that day. If I'm going somewhere nice or just want to look nice for whatever reason I'll go with the foundation, countour, highlight etc. If I'm bored, going on a night out, or again just fancy looking extra nice I go for really colourful eyeshadow and fake lashes on top of all that

ReputationRep:
    Hi lovelies! I wear make up 5-6 days a week. I usually wear primer, foundation, concealer under my eyes, setting powder, bronzer, eyebrow pencil, mascara, highlight and setting spray. That sounds like a lot, but the coverage overall is sheer. I like a natural coverage/finish. I just enjoy wearing make up I suppose. In the summer when I have a bit of colour to my face, I am comfortable going out with no make up on at all, but when I'm pale I like to add something for colour.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.