Turn on thread page Beta

Leaving current job and getting back to education watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After being made redundant a few months ago I ended up taken a job as like most of us we have bills to pay but tbh the job is not me at all and it's now making me miserable and my goal would be going back to get a good qualification in something I'd enjoy and see as a career and with being 28 I don't really want to wait much longer. I'm wondering if anyone has done it and if so how did they manage to it all . Is there anyway of getting help when returning to education or just anything I should know that may help me make my final decision Von what to do . I live in Scotland so that be different from things in England but any advice from anyone would be appreciated
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Benjamin27)
    After being made redundant a few months ago I ended up taken a job as like most of us we have bills to pay but tbh the job is not me at all and it's now making me miserable and my goal would be going back to get a good qualification in something I'd enjoy and see as a career and with being 28 I don't really want to wait much longer. I'm wondering if anyone has done it and if so how did they manage to it all . Is there anyway of getting help when returning to education or just anything I should know that may help me make my final decision Von what to do . I live in Scotland so that be different from things in England but any advice from anyone would be appreciated
    What qualifications do you have?
    What is it you want to do? Career or uni?

Assuming you have nothing.

Maths and English GCSE (Scottish equivalent)
    Then 5 x GCSE
    Then Level 3 qualifications- A levels / Bte etc.
    Then uni.

You need a plan.
    You need to speak to a careers adviser. [scottish careers service
    https://www.skillsdevelopmentscotlan.../in-your-area/
    ]
    You need to id what qualifications you want and then you can research courses and uni.

You can also buy some career books to help you gain direction and id what you wish to do.

Need to crysalise your ideas of what you want to do. be patient though and do your research.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.