Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend calling other women attractive infront of me watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend keeps telling me other women are hot and how much he thinks they’re attractive and honestly i have no idea how to react anymore? I used to get annoyed and show him it hurt but now i just makes me upset privately, why does he do it?

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to stop, talk to him. If that doesn't work then start calling other guys hot and attractive in front of him. So he knows how you feel.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonix4)
    Tell him to stop, talk to him. If that doesn't work then start calling other guys hot and attractive in front of him. So he knows how you feel.
    I have done this and asked him not too but he still does it?? Why do you think he does? I’m just confused

ReputationRep:
    Honestly that's a d*** move and immature thing to do, especially right in front of you. You should tell him to cut it out or do what he's doing back to him.

ReputationRep:
    it seems disrespectful

each time he does it act annoyed and withhold sex from him that night

just like a dog will eventually "get it" if you reward him for some behaviors and punish him for others, ..so will your bf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicesmiloves)
    Honestly that's a d*** move and immature thing to do, especially right in front of you. You should tell him to cut it out or do what he's doing back to him.
    I have asked him not too but i think he just finds it funny and carries on? I dont think i could do it back to him because i respect him too much haha, i just dont know if its a normal thing for guys to do to their gfs? Maybe im just being insecure idk
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous 12345)
    I have done this and asked him not too but he still does it?? Why do you think he does? I’m just confused
    Because he doesn't respect you or your feelings.

There's only so much more you can take and it already sounds unhealthy.

Insist that you don't like when he does it and say that you won't tolerate anymore if he continues. By that you imply that you'll end things if he keeps it up. He'll get the message hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he doesn't mean anything by it. I personally never comment on peoples appearance even when i'm with my guy friends, but i know other guys do a lot. If it bothers you though, just talk to him and i'm sure he'll stop. Seriously, ask him anything you want/need to know and tell him about anything that bothers you, that's how you build a strong relationship, its best to be open. The best example is during sex. The other person does not know if what they are doing is right or wrong, especially if its their first time. The best experience is when you give feedback rather than letting them on with something you don't like. It genuinely annoys me when my girlfriend doesn't tell me about her worries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 403Forbidden)
    I'm sure he doesn't mean anything by it. I personally never comment on peoples appearance even when i'm with my guy friends, but i know other guys do a lot. If it bothers you though, just talk to him and i'm sure he'll stop. Seriously, ask him anything you want/need to know and tell him about anything that bothers you, that's how you build a strong relationship, its best to be open. The best example is during sex. The other person does not know if what they are doing is right or wrong, especially if its their first time. The best experience is when you give feedback rather than letting them on with something you don't like. It genuinely annoys me when my girlfriend doesn't tell me about her worries
    I do try to tell him but he just laughs about it, i don’t want to be a whiny ***** and keep on, you know? I hate to be that girl that doesn’t stop picking up on things but i just dont think its a nice thing to do to your other half...thank you for your advice though, i’ll try talking to him again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous 12345)
    I have asked him not too but i think he just finds it funny and carries on? I dont think i could do it back to him because i respect him too much haha, i just dont know if its a normal thing for guys to do to their gfs? Maybe im just being insecure idk
    Than he is clearly immature to be in a relationship because that's not a funny thing to do. I'll tell you this, when my boyfriend and I talk about attractive people, we are joking around or its about famous people but we know that we wouldn't say that to each other to make the other feel bad. I get you don't want to do what he does to you either. Try this, act like you don't care at all about his comments, like they are most boring thing you have ever heard, and just start talking about something else, and if he changes, it means he was just trying to bother you and it doesn't work anymore. Some guys are like that when they're immature.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.