Turn on thread page Beta

17 and 32 year old relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I'm I'm new here, but anyway to the question. I met this guy on a app while looking for friends but when I ask for his age he was 32 but I didn't mind well because I wanted friends but, however I was stupid and give him my shapchat name and we added each other but now he claims that he likes and started talking about marriage and children and I blocked him but felt bad and unblocked him and later found out that he added me back and now we talk but I'm a 17 year old girl Never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy but is talking to a 32 year old who wants to marry her. Now please someone I need advice and please be blunt with your answers. Thank you!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Invisible17)
    Hey so I'm I'm new here, but anyway to the question. I met this guy on a app while looking for friends but when I ask for his age he was 32 but I didn't mind well because I wanted friends but, however I was stupid and give him my shapchat name and we added each other but now he claims that he likes and started talking about marriage and children and I blocked him but felt bad and unblocked him and later found out that he added me back and now we talk but I'm a 17 year old girl Never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy but is talking to a 32 year old who wants to marry her. Now please someone I need advice and please be blunt with your answers. Thank you!
    Regardless of age, if someone said I hardly knew said they wanted to marry me and have children, that would be enough for me to run a mile.

He sounds desperate.

ReputationRep:
    Get away.

Now.

Block and ignore.

ReputationRep:
    yh block him again

ReputationRep:
    Don't be insane!

This guy sound too dodgy ... 100% block him again!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he sounds dodgy so if I were you I would run for my life.
    DON’T TALK TO HIM EVER AGAIN!!!
    Just don’t.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I’ll start off by observing that the age gap is large, but if you are 17 then by your next birthday at least you’ll be an adult so it will be a little less unusual. I thought 18 and 23 was big tbh but love is love and if you feel it and they feel it then that’s that really. In all honesty, if you were like 13 I’d be concerned, but 17 should be old enough to be sensible and know what you’re doing. If he makes you feel uncomfortable with his advances, get out of there. If not, it’s your choice whether to stay or not. It is a huge gap though, I’ll be honest with you, so be careful. Strictly speaking you shouldn’t talk to him but I’m big into love over age within reason so idk. 32 isn’t that old but it’s certainly a lot more than 17. Just be very careful. If you really like him, nobody is stopping you from talking to him, but get him to keep it as PG as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Damnit my post got screwed up

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks for the advice I needed that. Plus I'm crying with tears of happyness so thank you

ReputationRep:
    To clarify, he sounds a bit eager and you should proceed with caution or just leave. Talking about marriage with a 17 year old is wrong

ReputationRep:
    You are not experience enough in life to deal with a 32 year old man he will only end up controlling you and you will grow up way too fast do yourself a favour and block him ASAP do not add him again

ReputationRep:
    So thanks everyone for the advice. I blocked him and I don't know what love is so like when he started to say he loves me I just got scared and couldn't take it anymore so I'm thankful

ReputationRep:
    So thanks everyone for the advice. I blocked him and I don't know what love is so like when he started to say he loves me I just got scared and couldn't take it anymore so I'm thankful
    Good job hun, it can be scary on the internet so good job for taking the initiative and leaving it if you want to chat at any time or ever need advice, PM me <3

ReputationRep:
    I’m always available to offer support if it’s needed

ReputationRep:
    Not a big deal, just need to develop a little healthy cynicism for men and the internet

ReputationRep:
    Run away block him, he maybe dangerous

ReputationRep:
    He sounds so dodgy, please don't try to meet him or anything dumb like that, he could be dangerous and maybe a rapist and yeah, steer clear!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    How do you know he;s really 32? He could be much older.

ReputationRep:
    Tiger Rag well he told me his age but I saw his picture and he even showed me his daughters but I don't know

ReputationRep:
    Age is just a number (in this case). Having that said anyone of any age that wants to marry you after 5 minutes is weird/creepy or just wants a serious relationship.

*unbiased answer from a 19yo*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.