Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a 28 yr old female, with a university degree and a job and also still a virgin. I'm finding it hard to find any decent guy that is interested in dating a virgin. I want to wait until marriage to lose my virginity but I feel that this puts guys off. Are guys still interested in virgins? If so would they marry one?

ReputationRep:
    what do you think?

some guys are willing to blow themselves up ...because they've been promised 72 of them upon death

ReputationRep:
    Of course I like them - would I wait until I was married to have sexual interraction with 1 of them? Not a chance, for me sexual compatability plays a very important role in a relationship so that would have to be right as well being completely in love with someone before I would even consider marriage.

ReputationRep:
    There will be guys who're more than happy to go to bed with a virgin. Fewer that will be interested in waiting until marriage - but there will be some out there!

ReputationRep:
    First of all you sound like a very accomplished woman and I think any man would be happy to date you. As for you being a virgin, there is nothing wrong with that. I lost my v card at 20 and people thought that was really late but my boyfriend was very happy and appreciative of me choosing him to be with. The thing is, a lot of guys tend to get put off by it because they want someone with experience but there are also guys who would love to be the first. You just have to find the right guy who will appreciate you. Don't get discouraged and as for waiting until marriage, you know I was dead set on doing that but I decided that I was ready for that and I found the perfect guy who will appreciate it. And like another comment here said, you also need to see if you are sexually compatible with the person too. It is a huge part of a relationship too. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I wouldn't date a virgin is because of the connotations. Uptight, prudish, unsophisticated, religious nut, ugly, fruitloop. If they did not exist, there would be no per se objection. Otherwise the thought is quite attractive.

ReputationRep:
    There is absolutely no difference in it for me, and a lot of guys will prefer virgins. Its honestly more of a problem for virgin men.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel any obligation to rush into your first time though, Make sure you are with someone who you would be happy to lose it to. A lot of people regret losing it too early/ to someone they didn't really know

ReputationRep:
    Well you don't actually need to reveal this, or at least not until everyone's agreed they'd like to get their kit off. And to be honest it's a bit of an honour if a woman wants you to be her first. The waiting till marriage is a bit of a vote loser though

ReputationRep:
    I don’t think virginity is your problem, it’s waiting until marriage. Idk where you’ll find a guy your age that’s willing or wanting to wait until marriage, but I wish you luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Being virgin isn’t the turn off, on the contrary I think it’s a turn on (I love the idea of being someone’s first) the slight dilemma is waiting till marriage part. Main reason being is that for me sex is a part of a relationship, I would want to know you as a person in all areas of life before committing to marriage. There’s also the worry that we could wait 5 Years, then break up, and it would feel like that’s 5 Years wasted (because of that lack of exploration and adventure in the sex department).

So it’s not a turn off in the conventional sense, but it’s more of situation where it’s about the long term, there’s a lot more thought that goes into it which a lot of guys aren’t ready for.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.