Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A2 Mathematics: Further Pure FP2 6668 01 - 06 June 2018 [Exam Discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)
    Thanks, I'll see how I get on and then see And yeah, I did FP1 along with D1 and D2 last year, then this year I'm doing FP2, M2 and S2. How about you?
    I'm doing the same modules as you! Personally I find FP2 the hardest, and S2 the easiest. M2 is pretty hard...not as much as FP2 imo

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who finds M1 harder than Fp2 and fp3? Mechanics just doesn't click like pure
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by kn0x)
    I'm doing the same modules as you! Personally I find FP2 the hardest, and S2 the easiest. M2 is pretty hard...not as much as FP2 imo
    Another twin :five: and I completely agree, FP2 is madness, I really love M2 but it is still harder than S2 just because it’s mechanics vs stats really :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I find FP2 really easy but the boundaries last year were really high so I'm expecting a difficult paper this year.

ReputationRep:
    hi can someone explain question 40b review exercise 1 in the fp2 book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radioactivedecay)
    I'm doing the exact same modules! How you feeling about M2 centres of mass and hypo testting is S2? Those are the roughest bits in my opinion.
    dong further maths in a year so im scared as hell... fp2 and s3 are going to be intense. Any advice for top ums in those? Solomon fp2 papers dont correlate to the current spec much so are there any other resources that are good for exam practise that will be a bit of a challege ?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angels1234)
    dong further maths in a year so im scared as hell... fp2 and s3 are going to be intense. Any advice for top ums in those? Solomon fp2 papers dont correlate to the current spec much so are there any other resources that are good for exam practise that will be a bit of a challege ?
    thanks
    I recommend doing the crashmaths practice papers and the Oxford prep quesions to challenge yourself, also, the review and mixed exercises in the books have some tough questions

ReputationRep:
    I recommend doing the crashmaths practice papers and the Oxford prep quesions to challenge yourself, also, the review and mixed exercises in the books have some tough questions
    Thanks a lot .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angels1234)
    thanks
    Ask your teacher to download some stuff from the Edexcel Maths Emporium. In the "Practice Papers and Questions" folder there are collections of questions from the old spec that are appropriate to the current FP2 and FP3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    Ask your teacher to download some stuff from the Edexcel Maths Emporium. In the "Practice Papers and Questions" folder there are collections of questions from the old spec that are appropriate to the current FP2 and FP3.
    i wish i could, im studying from home though ,im not at school and so i do not have access to this

ReputationRep:
    I sat this exam last year. I kid you not, I arrived 30 mins late, finished in 45 minutes and got 100 UMS. This was not because I am smart, this was just the easiest FP2 they had ever given. It will probably be another easy paper since this is the last

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekidwhogames)
    Am I the only one who finds M1 harder than Fp2 and fp3? Mechanics just doesn't click like pure
    In what world is M1 harder FP3?? You have kinematics versus hyberpolic functions and moments vs vectors. the hardest thing people find about mechanics and any new applied module is the completely new type pf questions, but after a while doing questions, you become accustomed to them and see repeating patterns cuz there's only so much they can ask of you in mechanics.

ReputationRep:
    In what world is M1 harder FP3?? You have kinematics versus hyberpolic functions and moments vs vectors. the hardest thing people find about mechanics and any new applied module is the completely new type pf questions, but after a while doing questions, you become accustomed to them and see repeating patterns cuz there's only so much they can ask of you in mechanics.
    I found M1 to take a lot longer to learn than FP2 and FP3 since for them they're a bit more logical and it's stuff we're accustom (algebra, calculus, etc.) but mechanics was completely different (compared to GCSE Physics).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekidwhogames)
    I found M1 to take a lot longer to learn than FP2 and FP3 since for them they're a bit more logical and it's stuff we're accustom (algebra, calculus, etc.) but mechanics was completely different (compared to GCSE Physics).
    M1 is way easier imo.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has suggestions for hard polar coordinate questions or transformations please let me know!

IE

June2012 q3

much appreciated!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've revised up to and including Chapter 3 so far and I'm still so clueless lol oh dear

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 16, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.