Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so iv been with my boyfriend about a year and a half. He treats me extremely well (even though he’s made his mistakes) but in the very beginning of our relationship he had a bad habit of lying. He’s gotten much better and is able to communicate with me now but is still timid about bringing up subjects he knows anger me (which I have been working on). Anyways for the past year, every few months I find this certain ex girlfriend on his instagram that he looks up, even though he doesn’t follow her. And I have voiced many different times that it bothers me and how it affects me. He says it’s because they never slept together and she never really gave him a chance and that has always bothered him, and me making a big deal about looking her up makes him want to do it more. But he says he loves me and he never loved her, it’s simply curiosity as to how she is. He always likes her revealing photos and I am almost certain he masturbates to her photos. And it breaks my heart because I feel like he’s too busy daydreaming about another woman to see what he has right in front of him. We both have extremely high sex drives and I always tell him I’m willing to experiment but it doesn’t seem like enough, he still looks her up. But now he deletes his history on instagram, which I feel like he would only do if he looked her up. What am I supposed to do? Am I over reacting? Or do I have every right to feel betrayed?

ReputationRep:
    I would cut him off. You don't need a headache.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably just overreacting, but i see why you would feel betrayed.

ReputationRep:
    Well I would say it's wrong, I mean you don't need to daydream about another chic when you have a girlfriend. Try acting like you are not bothered by it anymore, like it doesn't exist, since he says that the more you bring it up the more he wants to do it. If you keep seeing him liking her photos or searching her up, than maybe you might want to see what is up with your boyfriend. Because it could that he's the problem. Also, in a way, he won't ever really get the other girl, he is just lusting over her, he may view her like someone famous that you can't get so don't worry too much about it. Either way she didn't give him a chance in the first place. If you guys are as young as I'm thinking than it's quite normal in a way but yeah definitely have a talk with him if things don't change

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.