The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics: Mechanics M1 6677 01 - 06 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stephangooner
Part (b) and (c) are wrong. Also Q2 is 6.66N

There you go, at least 5 marks gone :frown:. Are you sure about Q2? Many people here got 5.42N as least, and others got about 15/16N if you put Friction is the wrong way.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Diabolik
There you go, at least 5 marks gone :frown:. Are you sure about Q2? Many people here got 5.42N as least, and others got about 15/16N if you put Friction is the wrong way.

I got 5.4N 2 s.f
Original post by mightymouse1204
I got 5.4N 2 s.f

It's 6.66 since u had to use sin/cos 50 not 20 to resolve vertically and horizontally
Original post by rydae32015
It's 6.66 since u had to use sin/cos 50 not 20 to resolve vertically and horizontally

Damn I got 6.5 N but my method was correct so probably only 1 mark lost there.

yes,it is 50 degrees u can t use 20 degree... I got 6.66N
Anyone else think it was a really hard paper??

Yeah makes sense, how many marks you reckon I’ve lost? I’ve got the directions right etc. 2 or 3 max?
I thought that it was such a hard paper! Praying for low grade boundaries!

Original post by mmac.195
Anyone else think it was a really hard paper??

Yeah this is correct. Many people used the angle to the horizontal and not to the plane
The paper was pretty hard going, I've done all the papers to date including solomon papers and gold medal papers and got A's and B's in all of them, this paper, I'd be surprised if I even got a C, tbh I lost most of the answer marks but got some of the method marks so a grade should be achievable.

I see smh. Hopefully I don't lose more than 3 marks on it.
I lost around 8-9 marks... Hope its enough to get me 85ish ums...
OK. So I was retaking M1 this year, got a B last year, and this time round it went to absolute sh*t. I just wasted £18 lmao.

My question is, are they gonna use my grade from last year since I did better, or will they use this year's *****er grade to work out my overall grade? I know they will probably use my better grade but I was just wondering.
Reply 52
If you got 33.1N for P, how many marks would you lose roughly? I want to calculate what I could roughly get...

Thanks!
Original post by SixthAge
OK. So I was retaking M1 this year, got a B last year, and this time round it went to absolute sh*t. I just wasted £18 lmao.

My question is, are they gonna use my grade from last year since I did better, or will they use this year's *****er grade to work out my overall grade? I know they will probably use my better grade but I was just wondering.

They use your better grade
Original post by aleexhunt
They use your better grade

Thank Christ for that ahahaha
Reply 55
Original post by Oli.Yuan
I got 6.8 something which then should give you 6 people in the lift.

how many marks was this question?
Original post by 020200
If you got 33.1N for P, how many marks would you lose roughly? I want to calculate what I could roughly get...

Thanks!

I am assuming you used friction in the wrong direction. And if you also used the wrong angle then you are definitely losing methods marks and accuracy towards the end. I think around 5 marks. If you used the right angle prob max 3-4.
Think i got 62 so probably a B or perhaps an A because many felt it was difficult
Reply 58
I am assuming you used friction in the wrong direction. And if you also used the wrong angle then you are definitely losing methods marks and accuracy towards the end. I think around 5 marks. If you used the right angle prob max 3-4.
Hi, yeah I said that friction was acting down the plane, was this wrong?
Reply 59
Also, what was the correct angle?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending