Turn on thread page Beta

How do you deal with adversity??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m sure we all constantly being faced with adversity, but it’s about how you deal with it that’s important. So how do you deal with adversity?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wimpy Winter)
    What exactly is it?
    All of your problems.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a white male

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priyanboss517)
    All of your problems.
    I meant what exactly is your problem?

ReputationRep:
    I meant what exactly is your problem?
    Well, just always having inner conflicts with my own mind really and fighting it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, just always having inner conflicts with my own mind really and fighting it.
    Right.

It depends how deep it is. I think a lot and its best to just keep yourself happy even if you feel completely torn.

ReputationRep:
    Right.

It depends how deep it is. I think a lot and its best to just keep yourself happy even if you feel completely torn.
    True. It’s just exams are close and literally I’m ALWAYS conscious of time, and if I will have enough to do what I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    True. It’s just exams are close and literally I’m ALWAYS conscious of time, and if I will have enough to do what I want to do.
    Is this mainly because of exams? If it is don't worry too much. Being consistent is key and you don't need to worry about things which have not happened.

Relax your mind and complete each of your tasks - plan it out.

ReputationRep:
    Is this mainly because of exams? If it is don't worry too much. Being consistent is key and you don't need to worry about things which have not happened.

Relax your mind and complete each of your tasks - plan it out.
    That’s the thing, I want to be able to quite a bit which requires a mass amount of effort and commitment. I really want to get the best results that I possibly can.

ReputationRep:
    I’m sure we all constantly being faced with adversity, but it’s about how you deal with it that’s important. So how do you deal with adversity?
    By accepting the following as truth...

Consciousness exist in the borderland between order and chaos. The default condition of life on this planet is fear, misery, suffering, pain and inevitably, death. Everything on Earth that lives, will become food for something else, even if just soil bacteria. The only things necessary in life are relative security from predators, and sufficient food to prevent starvation. Anything else is a luxury. Be grateful for all you have. Never expect anything better in life than occasional contentment. Take all brief moments of happiness as a gift from the universe. But never, ever, cease striving for a better life.

... and when things get really on top, listen to the song at the and of Monty Python's - Life of Brian; 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 303Pharma)

Consciousness exist in the borderland between order and chaos. The default condition of life on this planet is fear, misery, suffering, pain and inevitably, death. Everything on Earth that lives, will become food for something else, even if just soil bacteria. The only things necessary in life are relative security from predators, and sufficient food to prevent starvation. Anything else is a luxury. Be grateful for all you have. Never expect anything better in life than occasional contentment. Take all brief moments of happiness as a gift from the universe. But never, ever, cease striving for a better life.

... and when things get really on top, listen to the song at the and of Monty Python's - Life of Brian; 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life'
    Yass Monty Python always cheers me up.

I dunno, just by accepting that this adversity has happened and that its in the past and can't be changed, makes me motivated to do better and equip myself against further hardships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 303Pharma)

I love that. Truth is something that definitely liberates us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    Yass Monty Python always cheers me up.

I dunno, just by accepting that this adversity has happened and that its in the past and can't be changed, makes me motivated to do better and equip myself against further hardships.
    Definitely. See I for some reason find it hard to accept sometimes and I’m not sure why which can really put me down. I just try and hammer the first couple of things you said in my head.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.