Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There aren't many students as far as I can see, but I can see that there are some resources for it. Anyways, how are we all enjoying art so far?

ReputationRep:
    hate it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raqeen)
    hate it :/
    Why exactly? Just curious ^^

I'm loving it! *Insert Mcdonalds jingle* I like art anyway, so a whole subject dedicated to it is amazing. I always look forward to my art lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Trying my best to finish this year 11 project because i really need to go back into my yr 9/10 work bcs its so bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyPig123)
    Why exactly? Just curious ^^

I'm loving it! *Insert Mcdonalds jingle* I like art anyway, so a whole subject dedicated to it is amazing. I always look forward to my art lessons.
    After I moved school's, everyone told me the art teacher was mean and unhelpful and at first she was okay but then my whole class was struggling and couldn't keep up with the amount of work she'd set for short deadlines and as a student who enjoys and would like to spend more time revising science and English art is just.. time-consuming and no longer fun for me. :/

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed it for like the 1st term of year 10. It all went down hill after that... now I hate it and wish I took graphics instead.

ReputationRep:
    Im enjoying it rn

ReputationRep:
    im reallyyyy stressed about art rn i just have no ideas for anything. i also feel like my book is too boring and i need to use more samples and materials

ReputationRep:
    I'm enjoying most of it, but my teacher's kind of harsh with the deadlines. I like art, but I wish he'd give us a bit more time. Also I keep comparing my art to other people's because I'm self conscious and there are some people in my class who are really talented. But overall I'm doing fine.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it and love it. I could write a whole essay on it but to keep I'll try and keep it short. Art analysis? My thing, A* on each essay. Actual art? Not so much I'm not bad at it, I like to think I'm actually somewhat decent but the subject is just so time consuming and I'd rather get higher grades in everything else to be honest (considering I'm not taking art at a-level anyway).

Funnily enough though, I've put art on the 'back burner' this year and with reduced stress my work is improving and so is my motivation to actually do something for the class. To be honest, I know I've drifted too far to get the high grades but I'm happy with a pass. How's art treating you?

ReputationRep:
    It's too much work, I would never recommend it unless you love doing art all the time.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.