Turn on thread page Beta

I am a guy, smart, good looking, and in shape, but no sex... I am afraid of girls?? watch

I am 22 and I still have not had sex, and it is starting to bother me. I know girls are interested me, in general, in the library or just generally hanging around university, I can see that girls are interested in me but I am just super shy. Some of my friends actually can't believe I don't have a girlfriend yet.

I simply just get scared of girls, especially if they show interest in me... I am a confident guy, but when it comes to girls I am a total chicken. I am fine talking to girls just normally as friends, but anything other than that I am a totally different person.

What can I do to help me be more confident and not shy around girls that are interested or I am interested in them?

Now I know some of you guys will just say, man the hell up, but that is not helpful advice for me.

ReputationRep:
    try tinder first, maybe that will be an easier way to meet people and its not as difficult as talking face to face. or you could get your mates to introduce you to people and talk in a group setting first to make it easier. for confidence, make sure you know your worth and what you have to offer women, which is seemingly a lot haha. girls aren't scary and i'm sure many would be really nice if you just spoke to them. if you need anything else feel free to pm me : )

Dont be scared & dont waste your first time on someone you just met
    Just because you’re 22 doesn’t mean that you’re too old to have not had sex yet
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by strawberries567)
    try tinder first, maybe that will be an easier way to meet people and its not as difficult as talking face to face. or you could get your mates to introduce you to people and talk in a group setting first to make it easier. for confidence, make sure you know your worth and what you have to offer women, which is seemingly a lot haha. girls aren't scary and i'm sure many would be really nice if you just spoke to them. if you need anything else feel free to pm me : )
    I have heard about Tinder, I will maybe give that a shot, but I am looking for a long term relationship, that may be why I am so protective when wanting to talk to girls I am interested in, because I immediately start thinking long term relationship.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Dont be scared & dont waste your first time on someone you just met
    Just because you’re 22 doesn’t mean that you’re too old to have not had sex yet

That is a good point. What do you mean by don't waste your time on someone you just met?

ReputationRep:
    Forget about trying to bed them, put it to the back of your mind and forget aboud long term relationship instead concentrate on common ground and take the time to get know them. Stand up straight, chest out shoulders back, make plenty of eye contact and smile - lastly listen to them and try to stay relaxed. For me adopting the confident pose as I described as you go about your day2day stuff will make you feel more confident generally.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Tinder. You have to use your most aesthetic pics to get the best matches, which means I have to try and live up to those aesthetics on date night, which means literally having to be on point in every single area. Perfect hair (partly luck), perfect skin, no gluten, no dairy, low sodium, low sugar for a week, intensive skincare.

If I had a Chinese takeaway a couple of days before it's OVER. If I haven't had my hair cut in two weeks, it's OVER. And I legit resemble Dan Barrows from Clock Tower:

https://i.imgur.com/G8gkpBQ.png

Best thing for you to do is go out and get a few vodkas down you. Or a good pill over in Ibiza will literally transform you into the person you wish you was 24/7.

(Original post by JaseyB)
    Forget about trying to bed them, put it to the back of your mind and forget aboud long term relationship instead concentrate on common ground and take the time to get know them. Stand up straight, chest out shoulders back, make plenty of eye contact and smile - lastly listen to them and try to stay relaxed. For me adopting the confident pose as I described as you go about your day2day stuff will make you feel more confident generally.

This is probably exactly what I need to do. In my mind it's focused on long term relationship. However I just need to take it casual and treat the girl as normal human, just like anyone else, and then go from there.

You are tight, if I get my foundation better, this will get better.

Thanks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.